Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 Provident Personal Credit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  13:19:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3 loans with Provident (high intrest door step lender) for small amounts - Do I :

*List each Loan indivally in the Statement of Affairs?

*Write an estimate of the loan amount owing as if I was make an early payment settlement today - As the only info shown in my repayment book is Where they add the intreast at the begining of the loan term then each week they take away the weekly payment.Eg £600 + £528credit charge =£1,128Starting point?

*Will I get in trouble with the OR because 2 of the loans were taken out in March, but before I thought about BR!

henrytc

United Kingdom
194 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  13:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I had loans with Provedent I just added them all up together and put them in as one due to the fact it was the same account number/same name I have had no problemsand this was in Dec 07 hope this helps.

*Write an estimate of the loan amount owing as if I was make an early payment settlement today - As the only info shown in my repayment book is Where they add the intreast at the begining of the loan term then each week they take away the weekly payment.Eg £600 + £528credit charge =£1,128Starting point?

*Will I get in trouble with the OR because 2 of the loans were taken out in March, but before I thought about BR![/font=Verdana]
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  13:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I would get a credit report and list them as they are listed on that - probably seperate loans, seperate amounts.
The report will give you a figure that Provident have logged as the debt.
At the end of the day the OR will contact each creditor and be advised of the details of each debt so give as much info as you can to helo them do that.

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  13:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
provident dont report to Credit Reference Agenices.

Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  14:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might still be worth checking whether they list the debt with credit ref agencies.
Not all companies do credit checks up front but report credit management to the credit ref agencies.
Other than that you could ring them for a figure for each loan.
The OR will look at when, why you started each debt particularly those near to you declaring yourself BR. Were they debt consolidation loans??

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2008 :  09:59:24  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Winchester78,

ALL unsecured borrowing needs to be individually listed in your SOA, with reasobnably accurate current balances. The OR appreciates with interest and penalty charges, the amounts quoted on the SOA are normally a bit less than the actual debt ends up, so don't be too worried. If in doubt, request the information directly from the lender.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2008 :  21:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spoke to my Provident collection lady on Wednesday to explain I was going BR she was okay with that.
Today she came around to collect from my Girlfriend.We chatted and she said that Provident gives info to the Credit Reference Agencys.I said that In the last 6 years never seen an entry on my report from them - then she back tracked and said they will be in the future!

My reply 'About Time'-if these companies didnt hand out cash as and when at such high rates alot of people on this site wouldnt be so bad off!

She Knew what I ws talking about but she did add , It wasnt the company that loses out through customers going BR ,they account for it, the Agents lose there commission!

Food For Thought
Go to Top of Page

eamonn

320 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2008 :  00:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have loans with providentand my collector has a new book which states early settlement figures he told he had to have it available to any customer who asks so you should be able to add settlement figures together
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2008 :  09:58:40  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I recently received a letter from a doorstep lender who shall remain nameless. I almost fell off my chair when I opened the envelope and they were quoting 183.2% APR!!!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page