Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Received a County Court claim form letter-HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2011 :  18:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck!

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2011 :  19:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck from me as well x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2011 :  21:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can also phone the court as some will do drop in service no appointment required

Richard
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 30 January 2011 :  22:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck Fixie.
Keep everyone informed as to how you are doing. Post whenever you need their advice.

Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  15:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back from the BR petition at court today.

Judge was a really nice gentleman who wanted to stress to us the potential that the house was at risk should prices rise given that we have a small child and another on the way.

Also had a very quick call to the OR and we will be having a telephone interview in the next week or so, the lady was very pleasant.

It was quite a surreal experience in the actual court waiting to be seen, felt like a criminal and wanted it to be over.

Hopefully the clouds will part soon and the light will get brighter but as of 12:00pm today we are officially BR.

At least I will happily take the telephone calls we have been plagued with and calmly advise of our position.

Will keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  15:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOORAH

congratulations and welcome to a debt free future

which court ?

sit back and relax, you will sleep well tonight

Richard
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  16:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck fixie.
You will so much better when it is all underway.

Keep us updated.

Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  17:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what can I expect from the telephone interview >?

Will it be an inquisition ?
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  17:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to 'The Club' Fixie.

Hope you are now sitting back & mulling over the stangeness of it all. Well, as much as you can do with a little one running around!

The telephone interview is the next one, I found it very stressful leading up to it but my husband was very laid back about it. Again, it depends on the type of person you are.
Just make sure you are prepared on the day, have all your papers with you plus a drink I had a glass (or 2!!) of wine to hand. The OR or clerk will work through your statement and ask any questions that he/she feels necessary. If there are any questions that you cannot answer then just say so. I was asked why I had taken a small loan out in 2001. I had no idea why, just couln't remember that far back.

You will get great pleasure in taking those phone calls and giving them your BR ref'....it's a good therapy.

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  20:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it went well Fixie.

The OR interview won't be as bad as you think. Mine was over really quickly, and it was just a case of going through everything with the examiner.

The best advice I was given was answer the questions as best you can, and if you don't know the answer just say so.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 03 February 2011 :  23:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations from me as well. Glad it went well.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2011 :  17:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well here we are 2 weeks very nearly on from the day and we have had very few ups but many many downs.

As yet we have not had our telephone interviews, so still have that hurdle and trauma to go through, all the while not knowing an IPA/IPO will be imposed, I cannot see how one can as there is no disposable income at all.

We both feel so bad to get into the situation, which was really confirmed by having a family.

We are not yet sure if we will lose our house so cannot even look to make the repairs to our small home that are needed.

Just hoping to get the interviews out of the way so we have a better view of the road ahead, one thing for sure is that we will never get into debt again.

We have never been so unhappy in our time together- we hate how we feel right now and really hope it lifts soon.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2011 :  15:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fixie

it does lift and it does get better !

for the first few months i thought that every one was talking about Me and my bankruptcy (well we all think that we are the centre of the universe dont we ?).

the biggest challenge was my own mental demons.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2011 :  15:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really do not care and have never cared about what people think.
My concern is more practical really, will we be able to remain in our home, on Int only mortgage right now that is up in Nov 11 then back to repayment so that is another £500 to pay out and no way of financing it, I really wanted to remain on int only for the foreseeable but NRAM, I believe will not allow that, so possession will probably occur next.

Job is still under threat too - damn -is it all worth it?

Thanks Richard for the words of enocouragement, sincerely, thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2011 :  09:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fixie, I know its easy for others to say but try keep your chin up and remain positive. Things do have a habit of working out dont they (thats what I keep telling myself anyway) Its horrible to hear the suffering of others on here but you arent alone. It is hard when you have kids in all this. I have teenagers who I really want to protect from the stigma of BR. I also have a toddler who's nursery fees cost 666.00 per month. We have to take her out of nursery for a bit and have asked Mum and Dad in law if they can help. hate the thought of this as she loves nursery and its so good for her. Hubby has asked if he can work from home to save on petrol and parking, we are moving out of the area (into rented accommodation) and going for vol repossession on our home. So all in all major changes for us. Main thing is, we have each other although It doesnt half put a strain on your relationship doesnt it - phoaarrrr we've had some humdingers over the past few weeks. Hopefully things are settling down now though.

Well done for finally taking the steps and Good luck with your OR interview. I know you are worried and I also know I will be exactly the sme when it comes to us. Please let us know how you get on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page