Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Court fee remission question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pumpkihn
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  18:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My wife and I went bankrupt in January and paid the full amount of court fees on the day.
We're now trying to get a refund because we qualify for remission through part 3 of the form, which seemed to be ignored on the day. Anyway, the court are requesting a letter from Child Tax Credits that shows we were in reciept on that benefit in the month preceeding the date of the bankruptcy. The only letters we have are from November and two days after the bankruptcy, neither of which are acceptable apparently.
The nice man at the court said a simple phone call to tax credits, requesting a letter with the relevent details would get me what I needed.
However, after two phone calls and after speaking to a manager on the second call, the best I could get was my request sent to the complaints department, which could take weeks to be dealt with and no guarantee of a letter at the end of it. Apparently they can't (or won't) send out letters of the type I'm after, despite the insistance of the guy at the court that they can and have, many times.

Sorry for the longwinded first post, but you can imagine my frustration, especially when it's £300 we're talking about (which was borrowed from family) that is pretty much guaranteed to be refunded with the relevent paper work.
Anyone had the same experience and managed to get a letter out of Tax Credits? Thanks.

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2011 :  08:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pumpkhin

welcome to left hand and right hand, never shall the two meet again

I have used bank statements or proof of initial agreement / yearly entitlement statement.

good luck

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Pumpkihn
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2011 :  17:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, said that to the guy at the court about the payments being shown on the bank statements but that's not good enough proof apparently!

Also had a bit of a lighthearted dig and said "you're both part of the same government, can't you just talk to each other?" He replied that they used to be able to but they're not allowed any more. Just seems like a load of stupid bureaucracy designed to make it as difficult as possible.
Going to phone the CAB to see if they can help. If all else fails we can appeal the decision again and get it looked at by someone higher up.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2011 :  18:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try and download EX160A from HMCS it give guidelines and process. also documentation
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page