Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 mondays the day arghhhhh !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  09:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
morning all,

well woke up again this morning with the familiar sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, ( same as every day ) and as i sit here writing i am churning.............monday is the day for my BR we are due in court at 9am, still in the throws of filling out the forms !! it seems a job that i am really strugging to face

i will probably be posting like mad this weekend getting all the expenses correct, so any support will be soooo truly grateful guys !!

anyway hope you all have a great weekend

jo

worried
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there - i know i'ts easy to say, but try not to worry about the court - i was petrified, went on my own, cried when i was in the waiting room but all for nothing - it was fine... i got called throughto go and see the court clerk who had a quick flick through my paperwork (didn't really read it - just checked i put something in all the boxes). Then i had to read out a statement whilst holding my hand on the bible. I paid him my fee, Then he said he was taking my papers into the judge, along with 3 others at the same time. but none of us actually had to see the judge.

The clerk came back 10 mins later and gave me my piece of paper saying i was BR! I was so relieved i went back to the waiting room and wrote a thank you letter to the clerk and the other court staff saying how nice they were.

Just make sure that you fill you forms in as accurately as you can. it won't be the court that highlight anything on them but the OR will look into it all at a later date which is when you might be asked along to actually discuss it all. OH AND KEEP A PHOTO COPY OF YOUR FORMS for when the OR speaks to you. My court clerk was really good and photo copied them for me, but i would try and do this beforehand yourself if you can.

Hope it all goes well on monday - please try not to worry too much - you will be fine.
Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awwww tahnkyou worried, i guess its the interview with the OR that im most worried about, everyone saysthe court bit is the easiest, just not sure what to expect re the OR, will he /she be ok or an a*se, what kind of questions will the ask, are they tryng to trip you up ? all these questions spinning around in my head i feel like its going to explode !! :-(

jo
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
joella68,

Good luck for Monday.

As you fill out the income and expenditure parts of your petition forms please refer to my recent post 'Insolvency Service - Income & Expenditure' where I have listed two links to the Insolvency Service website - the ones the examiners actually use. These links will help you amke sure you get your I&E's right.

Any other questions and I shall more than likely be logging in sometime today or tomorrow and will try to look out for them.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you so much pix1, ive just opened up the links and had a quick look, any ideas how to adjust a little we are 2 adults an d3 kids aged 15, 14 and 10 so teenagers really and our food shopping is quite large due to 3 strapping lads !!!

jo
Go to Top of Page

pix1
Average Member

689 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
joella68,

By the way, your examiner interview is likely to be over the telephone but could be face to face.

My experience was that he/she will go through your petition line by line, so you can anticipate what they will say next. Just be sure to be in a fairly quiet place for the call - if it is a call.

They are not meant to frown upon you unduly and bankruptcy is, after all, your civil right.

Just be cooperative and reasonably humble about your situation and sound as though you are regretful and determined to use it as a turning point.

As to filling out the petition, aside from the stuff about the I&E's I already mentioned, it can do no harm to put down in the other information section at the end that you felt bankruptcy was the RESPONSIBLE course of action in your situation. It sounds right.

Good luck, once again.
Go to Top of Page

worried
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know how you feel - i have got my OR face to face interview monday.

I went BR in aug last year, and the first OR telephone interview was very easy really... took about half hour and he basically confirmed all my form details and then went through my debts (approx £35 over 2 loans and 4 credit cards).

The thing i found tricky was he said "can you remember what the balance was about a year ago on your egg credit card? and what have your spent £5,000 on? and then asked the same for all the other cards...

i couldn't really remember as it was all run up on consolidating other debts, paying bills, rent, shopping etc. So i did feel a bit silly and had to just guess about how much the balance was a year ago as i didn't really know?!!!

he was a nice man though and didn't make me feel bad at all (I made myself feel bad when I had to tell him about all my stupid debts! hee hee!)

Anyway, so that was that, last august.

Then in about NOV i got a letter from OR asking about 8 questions about the proceeds from our house sale a couple of years ago, mine and my partners earnings, copies of last 12 months credit card and bank statements etc. So it took about a week to get all that together and send it off.

Then 2 days before xmas i got a letter saying i have face to face 3 hour interview on monday... but as far as i can tell this is quite common and they will go over it all again and ask more questions. really trying not to worry too much about it as i am a right panicker but reading on here it all sounds not too bad...
Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  10:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awwww worried and pix thanks so much for your input it really helps hearing other peoples expriences, worried.........i can understand has panicked you must be feeling right now and i wish all the best for monday, please post back how things go as will i

jo
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

Do keep posting, their is no such thing as a silly question and we will be more than happy to answer to the best of our knowledge.

Good luck for Monday and do try not to think about it, everything will all be ok.

LOL and have a great weekend.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

Just always remember one thing, Your not alone, your not the first and you wont be the last.

22 Weeks down

30 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:~ Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Edited by - Needafriend on 10 January 2009 11:19:15
Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry need to ask again, the example i have looked at only gives a family based on 2 adults and 2 kids, how do i add on for 3 boys, ages 15, 14 and 10 all with elephant appetites tee hee

jo
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo

Our OR allowed our income based on the family of 4 even though we are 5 like you 3 growing boys.

I would work on that and see how it goes.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

Just always remember one thing, Your not alone, your not the first and you wont be the last.

22 Weeks down

30 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:~ Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)

Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooooh really thats a tough one then, im going to start doing all the forms in a while, so i will start posting some I & E for you guys to maybe help me out here and there

jo
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo

Please do and we can all help you go through that part as you must get it right and pref from the start.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

22 Weeks down

30 to go

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page