Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Can you tell me how the courts find information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  21:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

When you say a "fair few pounds"... on gambling - what do you mean in real terms? The OR can deem gambling to be unacceptable and you could receive a BRU after investigation for this - but if it was the "odd flutter" I am sure you will be OK.

At the end of the day even a BRU is not the end of the world. It would normally make little or no difference to your discharge.

Good luck, Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Richard.ht

Hi again.
Sorry to keep on but i have to make a dission soon, and there are still things i need to know if any of you know the answers.
For the past two years i have been racing bikes for the company i work for, which is in the famaly, however two of the bike have been registerd in my name for insurance purposes, they have now been transferd back into the company name that i work for. as its looks like i may have to go BR how will the OR look at this, or now that i am not on the log book will it not make any differance. as the log book dos not mean you are the owner. i have also spent a fair few pounds on races this year from money that my Mother left me. as i could not do a lot with it as i was in my IVA. By the way it was not enough to buy i IVA off. I have also closed the bank account that it was in any way. Can the OR find this old bank account,

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Go to Top of Page

Richard.ht
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  22:24:18  Show Profile  Visit Richard.ht's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was not gambling it was racing fees/tyre/bike spares/ and a lot of money. it costs a lot of money to race, and you need sponsers as well.
i am just worried that the OR may think the Bike are mine.

Go to Top of Page

Richard.ht
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2010 :  22:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Richard.ht's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is a BRU ?

Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  02:07:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bankruptcy Restriction Undertaking
a BRU extends the period of BR restrictions ie. not being the director of a Ltd Co no credit over £500 without the lender knowing you are BR or have a BRU etc

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard.ht
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  07:33:20  Show Profile  Visit Richard.ht's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your answers however i stilol need to know about what the OR wiil think about the bikes, For the past two years i have been racing bikes for the company i work for, which is in the famaly, however two of the bike have been registerd in my name for insurance purposes, they have now been transferd back into the company name that i work for. as its looks like i may have to go BR how will the OR look at this, or now that i am not on the log book will it not make any differance. as the log book dos not mean you are the owner. i have also spent a fair few pounds on races this year from money that my Mother left me. as i could not do a lot with it as i was in my IVA. By the way it was not enough to buy i IVA off. I have also closed the bank account that it was in any way. Can the OR find this old bank account,

Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  08:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you had your anwser previously and that is to be honest with the OR. Since you cannot accept this i will not be commenting on your thread anymore
Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  08:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you were left money whilst you were in an IVA, this would have been a windfall and you should have handed it over to the IVA, were you not told of this???
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  12:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OR can, and more than likely will, find out about this bank account. They will also discover the money that your mother left to you and will want to know why this was not given to your IVA IP.

In a best case scenario you tell the truth, declare the bank account and the money your mother left you and the OR investigates the issue. As to whether they take any further action (BRU, etc.) will depend up on the OR, your case and whether you have been completely honest.

In an 'average' case scenario you don't declare the bank account or the money your mother left you. The OR finds out and delves very deeply into your financial background. You would probably end up with a BRU unless you can somehow, wriggle out of the fact that you haven't been completely honest.

In a worst case scenario you don't declare the bank account or the money your mother has left you. The OR discovers the bank account/money, decides that you have lied and not mentioned these things on purpose in order to hide them from your BR, considers this to be fraud and you will face criminal prosecution for fraud.

It is pretty obvious from the title of this thread and your questions that you are looking to hide the bank account/money from the OR despite what people here have advised you. I would suggest you think long and hard about your situation and the advice you have been given here before considering BR.
Go to Top of Page

Richard.ht
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2010 :  19:11:45  Show Profile  Visit Richard.ht's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you that makes a lot of sence now, i was not trying to hide anything and as they say will be truthful about any thing i am asked by the OR.
However the money that was left me is no more and the bank account closed. when asked if i have a bank account now the answer would be yes, but this would not be the one closed. you are right i did not do with the money what i should have done but it really would have made no differance if i had put it into the IVA.
I spent a good deal of it on paying back rent arrears that was owed by myself for the company biulding, that i was trading from as a director before that company went in to liquidation. and has now left me with personal gurentees to pay back when you look back at it this may look like i did not use money in the right way.
This is what i am worried about what the OR will do along with other things that do not look quite right.
so i now no that it is best to tell it how it is and take the rap, Thank you all Rich

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page