Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 been declared bankrupt by creditor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2010 :  21:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
about the other OR the first 1 that interviewed me was very understanding and sais not to worry that it was just case of ex being awkward and that there valuation was more relalstic like the one i had he said it would be straight forward as it was ovbious that i didnt have anymoney in bank and the depoist wasnever to be exchanged agreeded by all partys.. so i was happy with what he was saying, then next interview when got there guy came in and said his name and that the other guy that was dealing with the case had moved departments and that he was now dealing with his cases and yes he was an OR he said that he needed me to go over statement with him again for him to understand the situation so he grilled me on answers that i had given first OR while looking at me like yeah rite felt really uncomfortable i was declared bankrupt in may 2009 1st interview was 2 weeks after that 2nd interview was june 2010? when i was there i asked if i had tel employer was bankrupt/ he looked at notes said no that my year was up may? and that i could do my own thing?

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2010 :  22:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I just ask, the person who bought your house & paid your ex, how are they connected to you?
Go to Top of Page

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2010 :  23:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my sisters partner why do you think this makes a difference?

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  07:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly if they think you are somehow fiddling te systam. One thing I don;t understand is why you paid your ex as much as 30,000 to get him off the deeds if the house was in negative equity supposedly?
Go to Top of Page

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  14:53:52  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RHB

Possibly if they think you are somehow fiddling te systam. One thing I don;t understand is why you paid your ex as much as 30,000 to get him off the deeds if the house was in negative equity supposedly?

Go to Top of Page

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  14:57:40  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
house wasnt in negative equity at the time ex was paid it is now however with house prices dropping if i could have been able to afford to pay my mortgage then i wouldn be in this situation as my mortgage is just same as rent imm paying now anyway? then y would they have discharged me if they thought that?

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  16:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I understand.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  16:49:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you the documentation that shows this money went to your ex?
Go to Top of Page

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  17:12:47  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes and letter that came from his solicitor to say he wouldnt sell to friend if he wasnt getting 30,000 i have given the mortgage statment to the OR which shows how much was payed to the original lender and what ex got. maybe they think that i did get the 30,000 short fall and think that if they sue friend cause i said i didnt get it that he would say that he did give it? but he hadnt and he told them this and they have looked at all my finances and i dont have it either, havent even savings im living on what get each week work but ex driving round big car getting married start next year an set him self up lorry business. more i think about the last few years before we broke up looks like ive been taken for kug it just all things that he done before breakup starting to look like he was conning me. long story

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  18:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd stop worrying then. If the money went to him then that's that. The way you put it tho, sounded like a bit of a scam to get 30,000 away from the bankruptcy estate & stay in your house.
Go to Top of Page

Helena.da
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2010 :  20:54:41  Show Profile  Visit Helena.da's Homepage  Reply with Quote
na, sure when house was sold i didnt even know was gonna be bankrupt. hope your right. im realy thankful of all the time and comments that each person has taken to reply to my posts it helps alot when you can talk sometimes instead of just worrying

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page