Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Received a County Court claim form letter-HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2011 :  10:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi fixie,
well done on finally completing the BR process. The OR interview really is quite straightforward, as you'll be interviewed by an examiner, who basically goes through your SOA to confirm or clarify the information you have provided in it.

When I conducted telephone interviews, the main points covered were the I&E to establish whether an IPA was viable, any assets to deal with, and as for creditors most examiners will understand that in the years leading up to bankruptcy, any credit use is for day to day living expenses and not to finance a lavish lifestyle. Why the examiner asked Glafy in a previous post about a loan from 2001 is a mystery, as anything from then would be very stale.

So hope the interview goes well!

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2011 :  23:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had the telephone interview, it was much less than the inquisition that I thought it would be, essentially the examiner just wanted to know why I thought I got into the situation, ultimately it boiled down to borrowing beyond means.

He was very helpful and answered my questions which outnumbered his.
Looks like there is not going to be an IPA/IPO and he talked of early discharge to in 6 months, and to call them if we hear nothing.
Was advised that unless overtime is constant and considerable that the odd bit here & there would be of no interest to them, so I should be able to provide a pram for our new child due in August, I might even be nearing ED by then.

The house is safe too for the moment and even in 2 years or so we would get the option of buying back the interest if there was equity.

A massive MASSIVE M-A-S-S-I-V-E relief was felt, and I feel now that I can start to rebuild our lives.

A big thanks to all on here who advised and contributed, a heartfelt thanks to you all, I'll keep you posted on progress, but for now I think I can see that someone has switched on a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully my mood will lighted now and start to unwind somewhat, and be a little easier to be around.
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2011 :  07:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic news for you Fixie.

I'm so pleased that you can start looking forward to the next few months.

We always build that dreaded telephone interview up to more than it is!!

Thanks for posting back on here. It will certainly help others who are thing of BR or are about to have ther interview.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2011 :  07:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad it went ok Fixie.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

fixie
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2011 :  18:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mrs Fixie had her call on Thursday last.

She is so relieved now that is over.

Today for the first day in I do not know how long, I have relaxed and have been happy.

I cannot stress enough to folks who read this that if you are in doubt that life does not get better after BR, believe me it so so SO does. Everything is put in perspective.

We really do feel that there has been a renaissance and that we are now embarking on the rest of our life together as a family.

Next up we are going to get married and look forward to our new child due late summer.

BR is a positive way forward, it really is.

Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2011 :  18:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great post Fixie. Good luck to you both and the little one.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2011 :  20:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice post fixie

good luck for future

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2011 :  21:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck from me as well - congrats on the baby and I hope you manage to sort the wedding out as well.

Best wishes to you both.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

mistake09
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2011 :  06:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, just wanted to say you will suprized by the feeling when you go br, its like a massive weight has been lifted and just think your credit rating is shot for the next 6 years theres no point thinking other than this because its true, but and heres the thing most people forget (i did anyway!!) your credit file is already shot with missed payments and possible ccj,s so really br helps more than you possibly think, hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2011 :  10:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well said Mistake

at least you can now draw a line and move forward

Richard
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic