Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 car ownership
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2011 :  12:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking at this and other posts you have made it appears to me that your situation is very complex and the many issues you raise require an in-depth knowledge of the Bankruptcy process. My advice to you is to contact an expert in this subject and go through all the details that concern you….and at the end of the interview you will have a clearer idea of how going Bankrupt will affect you.
Go to Top of Page

bonechild

50 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2011 :  13:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks all

i would love to have someone to discuss all of this with but I worry that I can't afford it.

I have put aside the fee (but if its true that its going up in June I'm a little short) but I have no money for anything else. even day to day living is tricky and I've just been turned down for benefits as I haven't paid enough National Insurance. (2yrs self-emloyment without paying it because I couldn't afford it)

I'm wondering if I paid it now (its a couple of hundred and a relative may lend it) I may be able to apply in future. I've just been to doctor who has given me stuff for depression so I would be signed off for that.

Too confused! Too worried!
sorry chaps (just venting)
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2011 :  13:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the experts link on the left hand side of the page and phone up and ask advice - it will be free, as will the CAB.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

mistake09
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2011 :  15:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, if the car is broken and cant be used sell it as it is, if theres not spare cash to do it up then its losing value by just been sat on the drive, lets say you get 1500 for it, then if any questions are asked 700 of that cash went on BR fees plus train/bus fares expensives to get there etc etc, imaginative thinking prob helps in situations like this!!! good luck
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2011 :  15:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a car is sold for £1500 there is no problem with the fees coming out of this. However, the OR is not going to accept that £800 is spent on expenses! The money would need to be put aside and would be claimed as part of the BR estate. If it's used for anything essential then receipts must be kept to show the OR.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

mistake09
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2011 :  18:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok then ask friends if they want to buy it and let the receipt say 1000 pounds, there sorted
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2011 :  18:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mistake09, if you are encouraging people to falsify records that will have to be produced to the OR then please don't.

It's important that anyone going BR is honest with the OR - there is no point hiding or falsifying things as if the OR finds out this will lead to all sorts of problems, including a possible BRU or suspension of discharge whilst they investigate.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2011 :  18:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We should not be encouraging people to be dishonest about anything to do with BR.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

mistake09
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2011 :  19:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok im sorry for last post, im sure things like that go on though, but saying that im not applading it, maybe if the fees wernt sky high to go BR people would be honest about things, once again sorry for the post
Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2011 :  00:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in exactly the same situation as my mother bought my car for me but its registered in my name. On the BR form it askes for the details of any vehicle you own OR HAVE OWNED in the last 12 months, and if you have disposed of it, how much for. They're not stupid so just be honest with them!!!
At theOR interview they asked me about my car and mother's loan etc. I could provide evidence in bank statements (both mine and my mothers), copies of bankers drafts etc going back to when my mother helped me out wih her loan. I still may lose the car but it would end up as a 'double debt' to my mother as I listed her as one of my crditors in the BR petition.
Now my case has been passed on to an IP and I await any news on that one!
Widge x
Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2011 :  00:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hasten to add that my case has been passed over to an IP NOT because of the car but other reasons!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page