Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Worrying letter received about who provided deposit for my bankruptcy 6 years ago
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee.34
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  07:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Lee.34's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I declared myself bankrupt back in July 2009 and have since been discharged.Today out of the blue I received a letter from the Official Receivers Office requesting information on who provided the deposit monies to enable me to originally file for bankruptcy. Given that this is nearly six years ago I find this somewhat odd and a little worrying as I honestly cannot remember.

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  08:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would have thought that they would have asked this question then.

The only thing you can do is ring up and query it and tell them that you cannot remember given the time scale.

Could it have been a relative who provided it? Other people stop paying their creditors in order to save up the money.

Definitely give them a ring.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  12:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's a relative they can claim it back at the end of your BR period, so maybe that's it?
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  12:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The BR period would have been over once he was discharged, and, even if he had an IPA this would be long gone.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  13:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True but my partner has gone BR like I said. I have been told they will look into this for me when the entire period is up. Maybe it is a year but considering they won't even look at property to sell for 3 years and 1 month after the date of the BR they are not exactly fast at sorting things.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  14:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see how they can look into this for you considering you are discharged.

Once that happens then any property is theirs to sell whenever.

The OR will look at property for two years and three months before they decide what to do with it.

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2015 :  13:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lee,

It's nothing for you to worry about. If you can't remember, just reply saying just that.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page