Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I have today received a B10 Notice. Is there anything I can do to prevent losing my house ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith.20
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  15:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Keith.20's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello
I have today received a B10 Notice of registration of a bankruptcy notice.
Im not sure exactly what implications this carries, but does it mean I will loose my house as it says its registered against my property, this was from a tax debt from the year 2000 and I have never had enough money to pay it of or make regular payments.
Is their anything I can do to stop them taking my house as Im now worried about this

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2015 :  15:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome,

I take it you have been made bankrupt or is this just a threat?

Your house would be taken into account for bankruptcy and if there is enough equity it could be sold but the OR has two years and three months to make a decision on that.

How much is the debt for?

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2015 :  05:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

How much equity is in your home and is it jointly or solely owned?

How much debt do you have ?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Keith.20
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2015 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Visit Keith.20's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi
Thanks for the replys and I'm not sure if I have been made bankrupt yet this is the first form I have received, the debt is for 19k owing to the inland revenue from a business I had in 2001, I have equity in my home, I have a 90k mortgage and its valued around 130-140k but I'm already with a high interest mortgage provider so don't thing I will be able to re-mortgage to free up some funds, I have about 35k stuck in pensions and will be able to cash these in around 14months from now once I hit 55

Edited by - Keith.20 on 08 November 2015 13:37:08
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2015 :  13:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no sure what that form is but suggest that you check the Insolvency Register to see if anything is registered.

If you have any other debts you could think about an IVA.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2015 :  15:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Do you have any other debt?

As Niobe has said, check the insolvency register to see if you've been made bankrupt, but you should have been sent paperwork leading up to this.

If you haven't been made bankrupt yet you really need to speak to a debt advisor for advice

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page