Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 If i have to declare myself bankrupt but can't afford the fees what do I do ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary.11
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2016 :  22:32:38  Show Profile  Visit Gary.11's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If i have no alternative than to declare myself bankrupt but do not have the inital court fee as I am skint!!, what would I have to do?

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2016 :  03:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gary,

The process has changed now, you don't go to court, it's an online application. It costs £655.

You can pay this in instalments but you can't submit your application until it's paid in full.

How much is your debt? Have you spoken to a debt advisor to see if bankruptcy is definitely your best option?

If bankruptcy is the way to go, you may be able to apply for funding for your fees, there are certain charities and organisations who may help, but it's essential you've looked at all your options.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy or debt relief order applications, please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2016 :  08:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome Gary,

How much are your total debts? As Viki says, other options might be better for you so speak to someone - Viki is a good one to go to for some free advice.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Lisa Thomas
forum expert

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2016 :  12:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Thomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gary

Most debtors stop paying their creditors once they have made the decision that Bankruptcy is the right option for them and use those savings to fund the Bankruptcy costs.

Have you managed to save any funds?

The alternative would be to see if a creditor makes your Bankrupt but they need to be owed over £5k and there is never a guarantee this would happen, or when.

Contact me on 01752 786800 or Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page