Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I'm looking for a bit more help please.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TROG
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2016 :  16:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm looking for a bit more help please. I went bankrupt in Dec 2009 and was discharged 12 months later. Earlier this year I started trying to clean up my credit report. I sent letters to data controllers of Lloyds Bank, Barclays and Orange because although they were all mentioned on the BR they were still showing on my credit report. I received a letter from Barclays and their presence on my report has gone, which is good. I received a letter from Lloyds saying that they would correct the details and on checking Equifax today I see they have put the default date as Oct 2010 and a settled date of May 2016. As yet I have heard nothing from Orange brought to you by EE. Can you please advise me on what to do next. Many thanks once again.

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2016 :  16:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The default should now have disappeared - it has been six years so it shouldn't just show as settled otherwise it will remain on there for a while yet.

Get in touch with EE - send a copy of your discharge and all of your account details and tell them to remove any defaults. Not sure if Orange still operate on their own - if so then get in touch with them.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

TROG
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  07:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thank you for your reply, I sent a letter 'Orange brought to you by EE' with copies of BR and discharge but still haven't heard anything, I will try again. Should I send another letter to Lloyds or do I take it up a level?
Go to Top of Page

TROG
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  07:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The debt reference agencies I am concentrating on for clearing my banking history are Equifax, Experian and Noddle. Are there any others I should be looking at?
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  08:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Send Lloyds another letter telling them to correct the entries within 28 days otherwise you will escalate it.

Make sure you send all correspondence recorded delivery.

Those are the three agencies you need to check.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Lisa Thomas
forum expert

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  09:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Thomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi - I agree with Niobe.

Although defaults are supposed to drop off automatically, time after time they do not so it leaves you to do the leg work I'm afraid and get the creditor to adjust their records.

Keep the pressure on EE to sort this for you.

Contact me on 01752 786800 or Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

TROG
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  09:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I please just confirm that with Lloyds, the default date and settled date should be the date of the BR. Also, although Barclays has dropped off Equifax it is still showing on Noddle but Lloyds is not showing on Noddle but is still on Equifax. Who do I need to contact about this, the creditors or the reference agencies?

Edited by - TROG on 16 August 2016 10:16:10
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  10:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact the creditors initially - it should be back to the date of the BR as far as I am aware.

I think you can also contact the agencies and ask them to remove the entries sending them a copy of your discharge notice.

Go to Top of Page

TROG
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  11:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2016 :  12:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us know how you get on.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page