Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Loan from father-in-law
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  17:50:37  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your kind words ... we do our best to help :)

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

claire25

206 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  09:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Vicki

We are both plodding on at the moment. This is the only thing we can
think about at the minute.
I have asked hm to speak with his parents about talking to thier creditor about thier situation. They took out the loan when they were both employed full time and now through disability one of them is no longer fit to. My fiance feels terrible and doesnt want to put hi parents house at risk on top of everything else that they have going on at the minute but he physically hasnt got te money to pay it. By paying this debt every month the majority of the others arent getting paid so im sure you can image the amount of hasstling calls an threatening letters he is getting. Each month he doesnt have enough left out of his earnings even to pay all of his debts. He doesnt hve any money for the cost of living and relys on me. What can his parents do to reduce the payment of this loan?

Also, will i need to bankrupt with him? the my name is on the secured loan and obviously the mortgage but thats it. I really dont want to have to do it myself but will i have to?

thanks for all of your advice. It is really helping.

Claire x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  09:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Claire

I think it was sugested that maybe they could try refinancing the loan to make the payments easier over longer.
I do understand where your coming from your stuck between a rock and a hard place and the road has come to a cross roads and its now a case of which road to take.
I dont think you will have to go BR also, have you tried calling our helpline. They really are very good and i know they will be able to offer better advice over the phone.
Give them a call, but claire your not alone, honestly we all want to see you get through this.
Im not passing the buck by saying about calling them i just know that sometimes a personal call verbally can help heaps. LOL

Please keep smiling mate, we will get you on the right road. :-)

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

claire25

206 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  09:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello needafriend.

Thanks for your post. I cant tell you what a help its been being able to come on here. Hopefully we will get through it and come out of the other end debt free!....fingers crossed xx
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2008 :  10:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will get through it Claire.
When i found this site i was in such a mess, i knew what we had to do, but i did not know how to to do it.
I scared and felt very alone, like my whole world had collasped around me. Then i started to post on here and the friends i have made via this site and all there replies gave me fresh hope.
I know that it may not seem like it right now but it will all come good in the end.
You have to be strong and have courage, you have shown the courage by coming on here now we will give you the strength to get yourselves sorted out.
LOL

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page