Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 credit rating for discharged bankrupts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

366 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  11:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am going to be discharged in Nov 08, and I really want to know how to repair my credit rating, I have never had a mortgage - could never afford one in the first place, but would like one in the future.

The only way you will ever get one is to improve your credit rating, and the only way for you to do this, is to get a credit card, loan, or credit agreement somehow....I do not want this to spend money on again, just to maybe spend £10 on and then pay it off each month to show that you can do this now, this improves your credit rating. Even paying your utility bills or your phone bill on time improves this.

It is correct that every time you apply for cards, loans (anything like that) it is recorded on your credit check, so maybe stop doing this... I would get a copy of your credit report first of all, see what state your report is in first. See if there is anything on the report you can explain, or that isnt right.

I am assuming that everyone knows that you have been discharged now? If not you need to write to your creditors and the credit report agencies (Experian etc) and inform them. You will need your Certificate of Discharge/Satisfaction from the court you went bankrupt in (£60 and then copies are £1) or just print off your discharged notice from the Insolvency Websute for free - if you are still on there.

Hope this helps.

Think everyone needs to understand that everyone situation is different.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  11:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi 369

I have put a piece on my blog addresses and how to send of to help a bit with your file.

I read that there are ways to help your file, but not sure how you go about them really when it comes to getting a small balanced CC.

I think someone else left a link on here yesterday in this thread, have a look.

Good luck

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  13:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great advice 369.
Is it quite straightforward to print that off? I mean, is it easy to find the link?

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  13:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i have misread the reply from 369 i have added a permanant link to the credit files and other things to do with BR on my blog, so if they get lost in here they are always there to look at.

The link for insolvency register i have added also so if anyone wants them they are there.

TTFN

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

Edited by - Needafriend on 17 September 2008 14:00:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page