Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OMG interview over!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  00:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations BankruptC!

It must be a relief of a sort to have the interview out of the way.

Good luck with the outcome - I am sure it will all be fine in the end.

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  06:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI BC
Sorry you seem to be feeling a bit down. As hard as it is at the moment just remember that the calls and letters for the debts will soon stop (I had so much post yesterday, thought xmas had come early, LOL) And remember those debts have been wiped out now. I don't know if you are getting an IPA but even if you do it won't be forever and that light at the end of the tunnel is so much nearer i am guessing now. You will be fine, let us know how you're getting on and try not to worry.
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  08:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hunni

Well its all over and done with now so try and put it all behind you. Put it this way, anything is better than what you have been putting up with. The creditors will stop hassling you and you will have one monthly payment to deal with. Remember when you get the details through with regards to your IPA you don't have to agree to it. If there is anything you are unhappy with then call them and try to come to some kind of agreement.

Im here if you need me sweetie xx

Maizie

Edited by - maizie on 03 October 2008 09:02:20
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  12:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that it didn't go too well BankruptC.

If you do get a BRU/O, you will still be discharged from BR in 12 months, and your name will no longer be on the Insolvency Register. You will be subject to the restrictions of BR for the duration of the BRU/O, and your details will be on a seperate register.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  12:14:42  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi BC,

Don't be too concerned at present. The OR has a duty to inform you of all the potential outcomes. Was it a telephone interview or face-to-face?

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  12:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all and thanks for your support-it's nice to know you're all here and understand how it feels :-)

Thanks Skippy, that's exactly as I understood it.

Julian,

It was a telephone interview. I'm worrying because he did say he could impose restrictions on us which would mean we would still be bankrupt. As it's clear a BRU wouldn't mean we wouldn't be discharged, I'm now wondering if he's thinking about suspending our discharge? I thought this was done in cases where bankrupts don't co-operate, though, and while he did say he wasn't clear where the money had been spent (because we've frittered it, and have nothing to show from it), he said on several occasions that he knows we're being honest and open and thanked us for our co-operation (sending out our statements promptly, along with covering letters explaining several bits of extra info to accompany the documents). I'm just not sure what to think really. Any ideas would be gratefully received! :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  13:36:59  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi BC,

Don't be too concerned at the moment. Telephone interviews are conducted by B3 examiners which are the lowest grade examiners at the Insolvency Service. More often than not, they conduct the interviews reading from a script and can be a bit over-zealous at times when discussing next steps. On many occasion, one of my clients has been told something by a B3 examiner that was incorrect or misleading and I've successfully pulled them up on it. Just play the waiting game and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  14:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Julian. He said he hasn't made his mind up yet what his recommendations will be but that we should hear in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  15:49:14  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi BC,

He'll probably be referring to a senior colleague who does know what they're talking about before getting back to you.

It's pub o'clock on Friday, so try and put it out of your mind for now and enjoy your weekend!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  16:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Julian, you're really helping me to feel better today (not an easy task when I feel like this!) :-)

Have a wonderful weekend yourself! :-)

C. X
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  16:17:32  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You too!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

scared

United Kingdom
220 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  21:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi BankruptC. Glad your interview is over. That is the worst part. Do you want to exchange e-mail addresses with admin? Just a thought. Perhaps if I let you know how bad ours was, might make you feel better!!

Don't worry.
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 03 October 2008 :  21:32:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi scared,

That would be fab! Hope to hear from you soon!

C. x

Edited by - BankruptC on 03 October 2008 21:36:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page