Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Still getting hassled
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2008 :  23:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

Thanks for the advise. Found out today we have also been turned down for the British Gas trust fund. So our worst fears have come true we now have to find the money ourselves...from I don't know where. It's a real worry for both of us as it will take ages for us to save that sort of money. We need to pay for both of us which is the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  08:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda

I dont know where you could go to help get with the financial cost of the BR.

Maybe some of the others on here may have an idea.

Sorry that i cant help oh you could speak to the court and see if they know anyone else or indeed anything else that may help you to get the fees together.

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  13:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been racking my brains all night trying to think of a way to raise the fees for my husband and myself to go bankrupt. As we are on benefits, does anyone know if we could borrow the money from the Social? That way we would be paying it back straight from our weekly benefits. I am concerned that if we try this option it will be frowned upon as we are getting ourselves into more debt. Can anyone offer me any advise about this option?

Many thanks,

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  13:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cakietin

Try starting a new thread, something like

On benefits cant afford the fee Help

And see if that gets others to add

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  14:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea Jo. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2008 :  14:02:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your welcome

Hope that gets you some more answers.

Best of luck mate

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2008 :  13:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda

Go to your old post and sligtly edit it so that it moves back up again.

Then maybe someone will see it.

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  13:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have today received 2 phone calls from the Halifax who we owe most money to. The first woman asked if I could pay anything towards our loan whilst we wait to go bankrupt! I told her if I could afford to pay the loan we wouldn't be going bankrupt in the first place. She didn't really know what to say to that. She was nice enough about it though. The second call was a very unpleasant man who spoke to my husband. He was very insistant that we go into a branch to discuss the matter. My husband said "What matter are you talking about?" but the man said he couldn't discuss it over the phone but that we HAVE to go into a branch otherwise the phone calls will continue. He then rudely hung up on him.

Does anyone think we should go into our local branch to discuss our situation? I can't see the point as they have never been very sympathetic in the past and I think they will just try to get money out of us.
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda

I would just leave it if i were you. If you go to the branch then you may be able to defer the calls but then they may try and get you into more debt by offering consoladation loans or something.

Really it is up to you but they will try anything to get you to cough up.

Anyhow must go have another poorly son to attend too and waiting for a call from Tax Credits.

LOL

Jo x

Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are right Jo. They never wanted to know before and now it's too late so I think I will just ignore them.

Hope you little one gets better soon.

Amanda x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:09:11  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry to hear thet your creditors aren't getting the message. Unfortunately, until you go BR, the calls are likely to continue.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

digman

United Kingdom
319 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:11:24  Show Profile  Click to see digman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda ,

I agree with Jo , re ignoring them . Who are they to demand you do anything . If they really want to ' discuss the matter ' then whether its in a branch or on the phone it should'nt really matter .
I would agree with Jo again as their way of helping could well be to throw more money at you !!
Its only my opinion tho so please make the final decision yourselves ,

Take care ,

Andy
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:42:36  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Remember,

Now you've told them of your plans to go BR, persistent phone calls to chase payments could be deemed as harassment which is a criminal offence under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

Cakietin

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice everyone. Julian, I will keep that in mind next time one of them decides to be rude like today. I am normally very polite but will quickly become annoyed if they continue to make these kinds of calls.

Cheers everyone,

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2008 :  14:47:26  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda,

Best of luck!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page