Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bank Account
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LastResort

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol

I rent my property. I chose my own providers for gas/elec. I would have thought that it was up to you, not them, because you are the one who pays for it....
Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's what I thought?? I am waiting for the Letting Agency to come back to me.
I am getting bit worried now about all the threads relating to Nil Tax. I am filing on 7th April so will get Nil code for the whole of the year!!!! I know that it means, effectively, that the Inland Revenue become a creditor? Presumably then that if find, not taking tax into account, that I have, say, £250 DI that they will add the tax I usually pay onto that? so I would presumably pay 50-70% of my DI plus my normal tax payment? I don't know? Maybe I need to post yet another question??? What a fab site! So heartening to talk to people in the same boat. Good luck for 19th btw.
Go to Top of Page

LastResort

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks x

Well I cant help you as I'm new to all this. Have you had a chat with anyone? I spoke to Melanie on the phone, she helped me a lot.

Can you bring your court date forward at all? So that it's in March?
Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well unfortunately the first available date in B'ham was 3rd which I know is still in this Fin/Tax Year (as I think it runs to about the 5th or 6th?? so should really have taken that one??? I should ring them again, tomorrow, and see if any times then still available for the 3rd? I think I was basing my date too much on my direct debits and the fear of having my bank account frozen that compelled me to opt for the 7th.
Go to Top of Page

LastResort

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:44:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I would go for the earliest date possible. Don't worry too much about your DD's. I cancelled all of mine. My car insurance etc will have to contact me to say that I missed a payment. I will act innocent and pretend I hadn't realised, and cross that bridge when I come to it x
Go to Top of Page

frosie90

285 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2009 :  21:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, reckon so. i will phone them in the morning and see? In the words of the adorable Doris Day, "Que sera, sera" and if they can't change date, it was meant to be? I Just think, although the awesome experts on this site may correct me, that I just need to remember that my Tax will be included in my IPA ontop of my disposable income. So basically, Frosie90!!!, hands off?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page