Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for may
 Can I stop a bankruptcy if I pay off the debt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  07:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning js - sorry I disappeared!
I would ring the OR this morning and confirm the meeting is still on if they can't locate the forms.

I had a really brief phone conversation with the OR on the day I went to court and she made sure I had access to cash, so don't panic about accounts being frozen they will make sure you have money to live on and as Skippy says the account was opened after you went BR so it will be ok.

My plan of attack.....
Copy of Statement of Affairs
Cup of tea
Pen and paper

I was in an IVA for two years so don't have any bank statements or credit card statements, but I will need to explain my debts, nearly all of them are a result of using them to live on and using them to pay off other debt (it was a nightmare)
This is your chance for a clean start!

My interview is at 3pm - please come onto the forum later and let me know how you got on.
Debt has pushed me to the edge in the past too and we are both really close to it all being sorted js so lets get today out the way!!!

Good luck

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  09:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't have all my statments and agreements as I'd been in an IVA and they were with my IP. I sent what I had, and as far as I know the OR got the missing ones from my creditors.

As Vicki says, ring the OR to confirm that the meeting is still on, and although it's easier said than done, try not to panic. The examiner isn't an ogre, they are just another person doing their job.

Please let us know how you get on x

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

j s

185 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  12:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vicky and Skippy,
Just got back from OR meeting, was totally dreading it, forgot to take any statements etc with me, the OR was quite a stern chap although towards the end he seemed quite a 'normal' person. He has said it will now be passed to a Trustee to handle and will have to pay debt back probably by IPA ( Ithink tht'a what it's called !!) Still feel quite low even after having the meeting but surely things can only get better. Good luck Vicky for this afernoon, hope all goes well. X
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  13:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things will get better - be brave -you must be over the worse of it now.
The IPA bit is based on your disposable income and from what I can gather is a percentage of that not all of it.
Will update you on my interview this afternoon.
Take care

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2008 :  18:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi js
Well I did it!
The call took about an hour and there were sooooo many questions. Examiner was really nice though and although I felt stressed answering loads of questions she was ok.
Next stage is to wait for the report she writes to go off to my creditors and see if I get an IPA.
My head was spinning last night - all those questions - did I answer them ok - did I sound honest - sounds stupid I know.
Well nothing I can do now.
Hope you are ok and having a good weekend - weather is beautiful here.
Be glad when this is all sorted so I can get on with my life and not think about debt/BR every five minutes. Takes over doesn't it.
Am forty this year so want to be forty and debt free!
Take care - keep in touch

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

j s

185 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  13:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Vicky,
Glad to hear your interview went well, like you say my head was spinning on the way home from the interview thinking did I answer the questions fully etc. Like you waiting to hear what's going to happen next, my husband was unable to attend for his interview so probably will have to have a t/phone intv like you.
Sorry haven't replied sooner only just logged on, but weather here is glorious. It will be good for you to celebrate your 40th without any wories about debts etc. Hope you have a great birthday (whenever it is !)
Take care and yes I will keep in touch
JS X
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  15:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you -the big 40 is in September - I used to dread it but after all this debt and BR stuff it will be a breeze!
Weather good here to - making the most of it!
Speak soon

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page