Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Unemployed and need to BR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

neilh1497
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  10:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my day in court has been !!!! and gone !!!!!
To anybody going through this i know that like me you will be sending yourself crazy !!!
Yesterday i arrived at the court for my 9:15 app.
The court clerk was fantastic and told me to take 5 and to get myself sorted as she could see i was in a state...anyway went through my details and forms that i had completed online , took my money and said she would she if the judge was ready.
Five mins later she came back and said the judge was fine with it and did not need to see me !!!!!!
She then asked if i wanted to pop out for a drink as it may be a while before the OR got around to calling , with that the OR called and i had my first phone interview.
Just waiting now for the OR to call back to sort out my full phone interview !!!!
All i can say at the moment is that everybody so far has been GREAT , the court staff were fantastic and the three people i have spoken to at the OR have also been realy nice to me and told me not to panic as i am by no means alone .
It was all over in just over an hour !!!
The OR will let me know about my car but can't say anything official at the moment until i have had my full interview , but as i live in the country and i am looking for work and need the car to do so , they can't see at the moment that they will have any interest in it .
I also have a mobile contract that is ending this month and they said to let it end if i can pay it as i don't owe them anything and it would just complicate things at the moment.
I will post again as things go on and keep uptodate , i have had three calls this morning from credit cards MBNA were fine !!!!! , barclaycard are trying to be stupid about it at the moment and halifax just put the phone down on me !!!!! Nice eh!!! after all the money they have had from me over the years , prob. more that i owe them now !!!!
Just one more thing and that is to say a VERY big thank you to everybody that has helped with comments and post's so far , i was great to know that i was not alone on this road and there are many others walking it with me. Once again THANKS and i hope to keep posting and trying to help others with the pain and worry
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2009 :  12:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congratulations neil

welcome to a debt free future

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic