Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 SOA - CAUSES OF BANKRUPTCY

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helen2424 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 13:21:48
for my causes of bankruptcy please can someone advise asap if this is ok, am i saying too much?

I am a single mom struggling to keep up with my payments to my creditors, my income barely covers my living expenses. I have experienced an incredibly rough and distressing time especially whilst on maternity leave (06/07 - 04/08) i got really set back on my payments and struggled to keep up and catch up when i started working full time again.
Before this i was still really battling to pay my debts off as i ran a flat on my own and still do. I am struggling to pay my utility bills on time because of trying to keep up with my debts, I borrow from family members/ friends but they too dont have much to spare as the cost of living has increased. I am finding it extremely hard to cope and after years of increased desperation and professional advice, ive chosen this route as i long for a fresh start and new life with my daughter.
My debts are overshadowing me and have been a burden in my life.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sparkle83 Posted - 07 March 2009 : 15:15:46
hey hon, congrats on getting it done.

I would just tell the OR about the mistake when they ring... and I'm waiting on the OR telling companies, bu if they ring, I shall tell them I'm BR and give them my number. They can' take further action now you're BR, and from what I've read, they'll just stop calling and writing to ya :)
Helen2424 Posted - 07 March 2009 : 10:24:29
thank you all so much for your replies and support.

i went on friday to the courts, it was such a relief to be over, basically i went there got there extra early just coz of nerves and wanting to get it over with, got there at 8.30, counter opened at 10am. (lucky i took my novel) at 10 was second on the list gave my forms they were checked, got fees paid, next went to wait to see the judge, this took about 30 mins, seen the judge, she was very nice and was very sympathetic when she seen my forms and wished me good luck in the future, i was ever so thankful to her, i imagined it to be JUDGMENT DAY, after an hour of the order being made i collected it and by 1.30pm i was out the court. it wasnt bad at all, i guess that is the easy part - question

1. when i collected my order the lady giving them out said wait to hear from your OR but in case you get letters and calls from debtors i should sent them a copy of the order? do i really do this or wait for the OR to deal with it, would i get threatening letters and summons from my debtors if i do this, please help not sure on that advise, my debtors have been calling me and i havent been answering simply because i dont know what to say and what position il be in if i say im bankrupt? sorry im new to this and still abit terrified. i have read in the forum that it takes about 6 weeks for your debtors to find out.

2. i realised i made a mistake on my form after it was stamped and an order made, should i let my OR know as soon as i hear from them, im guessing il be hearing from them some time this week?

thanking you in advance for all your help, this forum definitly has got me through this.

manythanks
helen

pix1 Posted - 06 March 2009 : 13:06:16
I hope your appointment went alright. I think your reasons for bankruptcy was a good piece. The OR office is staffed by humans and they will notice that you have wanted to avoid bankruptcy but now see it as the responsible step.
stressedoutsteve Posted - 05 March 2009 : 19:44:25
[quote]Originally posted by Melanie.n

I wouldn't worry as this is your overdraft facility, a bit different than going out and deliberately running up debt on a credit card!
Hi Melanie/Helen, hope you don't mind me butting in to ask aquestion re the above reply. I have been basically living on overdraft and credit cards for the last few months and justb keeping up with the monthly payments. I will now have to go BR this montha sI finally cant make any more payents and can no longer 'rob peter to pay paul'. Have I done something wrong by drawing money out of my cards and overdraft to live on, pay dbts etc? I am even more worried now! thanks, steve. P.S. good luck tomorrow Helen.
Melanie.n Posted - 05 March 2009 : 17:35:20
I wouldn't worry as this is your overdraft facility, a bit different than going out and deliberately running up debt on a credit card!

Good luck for tomorrow and remember to let us know how it went

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
Helen2424 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 16:28:59
Posted - 05 March 2009 : 14:44:10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks so much Melanie for your quick responses.almost about to print forms and im ready for tomorrow

greatly appreciated. one more thing, i drew money out my account for the fee to pay tomorrow at the court, now i looked at my account and i went into my overdraft about 100 pounds, should i try to borrow what im short of and put this back into my account, i dont want to be penalised as i read its a problem with the bank after the bankrupcy order is made ie they call it using their money .

Melanie.n Posted - 05 March 2009 : 15:35:38
List your income (it would not hurt to put alongside includes childcare costs of £ per month) then you will not have to explain anything further

Melanie Nicholas
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
Helen2424 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 15:05:32
SORRY MELANIE

ALSO IN MY SOA - OUTGOINGS SHOULD I PUT THAT I PAY CHILDCARE THROUGH STATE BENEFITS UNDER ESSENTIAL PAYMENTS - OR SHOULD I JUST STATE IT ONCE IN THE INCOME SECTION

Helen2424 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 14:44:10
thanks so much Melanie for your quick responses.

greatly appreciated. one more thing, i drew money out my account for the fee to pay tomorrow at the court, now i looked at my account and i went into my overdraft about 100 pounds, should i try to borrow what im short of and put this back into my account, i dont want to be penalised as i read its a problem with the bank after the bankrupcy order is made ie they call it using their money ...

Melanie.n Posted - 05 March 2009 : 13:46:37
absolutely fine, they only want a brief explanation not your life story

Melanie Nicholas
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page