Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 How do you get a court date?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frosie90 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 19:33:47
Can I just ask. what are the sequence of events? I am completing my forms on line. I have rung the number I was given for Birmingham and told to just bring forms along. Will that be my court date? or do I need to book something? I am just getting bit confused about what to do once I have submitted my forms on line. Do they then contact you to go to court? Or do they mean, if the person I was ringing assumed they are paper forms, once I have filled in forms just take them along. I know a few of you had to book weeks in advance so am really confused. I am just finishing off the forms, few bits to check out, and was hoping to go to the County Court in couple of weeks. Just confused because lots of people on this site have said about their court dates? Is that the date you just decide to take papers over or one arranged?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frosie90 Posted - 06 March 2009 : 16:41:15
Thanks guys. Have done loads of house clearance today with one of my good friends. Hard but looking forward to my fresh start. Sure I will be asking a few more questions before I finally submit my form in a couple of weeks.
pix1 Posted - 06 March 2009 : 13:01:53
I know that the High Court is a place where you just turn up with your completed forms. No need for an appointment but you have to wait around the vicinity for hours. They even p/copy your forms if you haven't done it yourself ;-)
Melanie.n Posted - 06 March 2009 : 08:36:57
Hi there, most courts will book the appointment with you over the telephone, very few courts (other than the High Court) operate an 'open' system where you turn up with the forms and get seen that day - it works in the High court but someitmes people wait at the court for hours. it is far better if possible to pre book your appointment. Remember not to sign and date the forms until you are in presence of the court clerk, it has to be witnessed

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
frosie90 Posted - 05 March 2009 : 21:02:33
Thanks for that. That is what I thought that I need to ring but the lady I spoke to just said take in forms etc. I think I will ring County Court tmorrow.
jurgenpie Posted - 05 March 2009 : 20:28:31
Not sure about Birmingham as I went to Nottingham, but I just rang the court made an appointment had to wait 2 weeks and then took 2 copies of the forms in and went bankrupt that day just handed forms to clerk waited a couple of hours got called forward judge didn;t want to see me and handed a slip of paper saying I was bankrupt.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page