Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Got my court date ,Informed bank

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
er1 Posted - 06 March 2009 : 21:27:46
Got my court date ,Informed bank who told me that they will freeze my bank account its there procedure.However, they also said it can be unfrozen by the OR.
All he would need to do is fax them at there bankrupcy section ...I found the bank helpful and proberly expected that outcome if im honest.
What i forgot to ask them was when will that happen on my court day or when i get the OR Phone call.I only filled forms out a few days ago got court date in two weeks

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
John Posted - 07 March 2009 : 01:33:24
Hi

the SoA has to be representative of your situation in the day you petition the court. This acct was not open on that date thus you could not list it, nor do you need to inform the OR now.

This particular account by it's very nature in that it is bankrupt friendly should not be frozen as it is evident to the bank that the account was opened marginally after your bankruptcy date and will therefore be of no interest to the OR.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Sparkle83 Posted - 06 March 2009 : 22:54:43
Sorry if this is a hijack. I opened a joint co-op cashminder, both of us going bankrupt, and the acct/sort codes and cards and pins have just come through. Obviously it wasnt on my SOA as no details, but have mentioned that it was on its way to OR when I've spoken to them, who declared no interest in it.

Will it still be frozen? Should I ring he co-op and tell them, and the OR to fax through the details?

John Posted - 06 March 2009 : 22:41:22
Hi

the banks freeze the accounts when your bankruptcy is published in both the London and Stubbs Gazette.
Every major lender has a system whereby these publications are monitored closely. All names published are checked by each lender using their own internal systems and if an account appears to be yours, irrespective if the account were listed on the SoA or not, it will be frozen.

The OR will inform the bank once they have no further interest in the account. If any particular account needs to be dealt with urgently inform the OR of this.

Once the OR has given the thumbs up the bank will indeed unfreeze the account as per the advice you have already received.
Unfortunately the vast majority will also simultaneously close the account permanently.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page