Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 my bankruptcy petition went very well (i think)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xmas baby Posted - 06 March 2009 : 22:46:18
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know my bankruptcy petition went very well (i think). Arrived at court at 9.30 and didn't need to make an appointment. The court was actually really nice and light and wasn't stuffy or threatening at all. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and at no time was I made to feel like a criminal. The office didn't open until 10am, so I was first to be seen. Luckily they had some debt assistance folk there to go through my forms before I submitted them to make sure they were all correct. Then I went downstairs and had to wait about 1 hour to pay the fees and get the forms checked by the clerk and that was it. I didn't even need to see the judge. It all sounds a bit too good to be true. I haven't even heard from the OR yet and I though they at least contacted you on the day of the bankruptcy, just to confirm things. In some ways I relieved it was so untraumatic, but in another way, I'm a bit concerned I haven't heard anything more as yet.

I hope this helps anyone who is worried about going to court. I was petrified and none of my fears or worries came true. Try not to let your worries take control. The process is usually much better than you might think.

xmas baby

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page