Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Help Please!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee040792 Posted - 09 March 2009 : 08:55:42
Hi all,

I have after 22 years of working been made redundant mid october - 2008 and have been using my redundancy money so far to pay my credit card monthly interest rates as i am still unemployed due to the skill i have is very hard for me to get a new job.

My problem is my redundancy money has run out and it has left me no choice but to go for bankruptcy.

At present i am on Job seekers allowance.

My questions are:

Do i have to pay the full fee for bankruptcy due to me being on Job seekers allowance?

How long does it take for bankruptcy to take affect and if it takes quite sometime what do i do with all the credit card firms? as they will not be getting any payments whilst the bankruptcy is going through.

Does anyone know the nearest court i can go too, i live in the N1 area of london.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee040792 Posted - 09 March 2009 : 18:05:54
Forgot to add that this has caused me to lose my girlfriend and my lovely three kids due to the stress it has caused my family and all i feel i have left now is my mum and dad whom im living with now...i don't know how much a person can take.... how things can change in such short time shocks me.
lee040792 Posted - 09 March 2009 : 18:01:58
this is scaring me so badly that i feel i don't feel like there is much to life anymore, i have never been in a situation like this and i feel so down
lee040792 Posted - 09 March 2009 : 17:58:07
quote:
remember to let us know how it goes

Will do Melanie

Just one more question, since i have been made redundunt i was trying to setup my own self employed business, at that time i used my cards on tools etc to make it work but it failed very badly, i have read that the courts won't accept bankruptcy as they think i was spending my cards knowing that i was going to claim bankruptcy which in my case was not true but how will they beleive me.... i don't think they will as all i have to show for it is tools being bought for my business i thought might take off
Melanie.n Posted - 09 March 2009 : 17:00:57
Sorry, i was not aware that you would have come under the High Court jurisdiction (which is why i asked you to let me know which court) as the High Court operate in a completely different way to all local County OCurts in that they have a same day policy - if you attend (and be early!) you will be seen that day and have the order made. with regard to the form and your address situation where it ts (1.60 home address write reside with parents at....and on section 8.1 just state reside with parents not applicable

Hope this helps and good luck for tomorrow, remember to let us know how it goes, but as a word of warning, be prepared for a long wait!!

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
lee040792 Posted - 09 March 2009 : 16:20:34
Thanks for the quick reply.

I contacted the Strand court in london and they said that it is there that i will have to go, they also said i don't need 3 copies of form: 6.28 as they will photocopy it. They also said get there early and you will be seen the same day.

The thing i find confusing in that form is that there is no mention about people that live with their parents of which i do so i dont know how to tell them if there is no place on the form to tell them.

Also is there any other paperwork i need to take, i.e passport/bank statements etc?

Other than that i have filled in as much as i can on the form and signed it... I have proberly made plenty of mistakes and will have to do it all again

Melanie.n Posted - 09 March 2009 : 09:07:12
Bankruptcy fees are £495 although if in receipt of JSA you can get a reduction of £150 - proof of JSA required by court. The time of the process depend on the court - you need to contact you local county court for the forms (ring the court and ask to speak to the bankrupty clerk -he/she will want to know just your name and address to post you the pack, whilst on the phone ask when the next available appointment is and book it - this could be later this week or up to 6 weeks away depending totally on the court and how busy it is (some courts only sit on bankruptcy hearing 1 or 2 days per week, others every day) At the appointment you attend with 3 copies of the completed forms which need to be signed and dated at the court in form of the clerk when you hand over the fee - you will with see the judge for about minutes or the forms taken from you and a copy returned to you stating that the order has been made. You will then have a tlephone appointment with the Official Receiver, again that could be in the same week or a few weeks later - that is the process. Can be very quick but all depends on the actual court. If you let me know the name of the postal town you reside in i can give you the name of the court that has bankruptcy jurisdiction for that area and give you the phone numbeer

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page