Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Meeting with OR Weds 2-3 HOURS + ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Widge Posted - 07 March 2011 : 20:30:37
Hi guys,
I have a face to face meeting with the OR on Wednesday at 10am and have just received the confirmation letter - it states "Interviews normally take 2-3 hours to complete but, depending on the nature of your case, your inteview may take longer, so it is advisable for you not to have any other commitments on the day.
Is this normal? Reading through the forum the 'norm' is for a one-hour telephone interview.
Now I'm wondering whether to do a 'sicky' at work as I have an hours drive from the OR office to work and I'm due to start at 2:15...
Oh, and just had the ex on the phone and he has accused me of all sorts of financial deliberations (as I jointly own a property with him still). I texted him with the OR details and said that I don't want to speak to him again - just about to change my phone number. He phoned back straight away but didn't answer and haven't listened to his voicemail yet.
Is this wise?
Widge x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Crazee67 Posted - 10 March 2011 : 23:10:10
Oh Widge dont apologise. you are going through such a big upheaval at the moment but Im sure things will come good for you in the end chick. I too am over 40 and look at other people who seem to be just sailing through life with everything mapped out, good investments for their futures and old age. I look at myself and feel so cr$p about where I am right now. Im not surprised its affecting you physically but it is very early days. You just keep it in the forefront of your mind, that this is a new start. You may have a couple of hurdles to cross yet before you reach that light at the end of the tunnel..but you are well on the way there.

Im no expert Widge but I would assume these things take time to sort but you may wake up tomorrow with a different outlook. You only feel so down because you are a decent person, anyone who doesnt feel remorse or a certain sense of failure has either had some verrrry good counselling or have no sense of right or wrong and really dont give a stuff. My bet is that these people would end up back in BR in a few years time. Not you though.

As for the spot....make the most of it, teenage spots at 46 - a rare occurrance. Oh and lay off the wine, leave enough for me

Take care matey and keep sharing your feelings it must help a bit

Mine's a double
Widge Posted - 10 March 2011 : 21:25:37
Ups and downs...ups and downs. My moods are hard to control right now. I'm desperately trying my best to cope and I'm grateful for all your support. You have all been brilliant. Needless to say I'm feeling a bit 'run down'. I am nearly 46 for goodness sake and developed a spot on my nose, I've had the start of a cold-thing that hasn't developed into anything or gone away. I'm drinking too much wine. My ex is accusing me of doing this deliberately and called me a conniving b*tch...as if I would do this just for fun? I just want to run away from all this and not because of the BR, if it was that alone it would be ok, its just how they're going to go after the ex who is so aggressive. He's gonna give me some serious grief he knows where I live and work. ory for the outburst :(
Widge x
Niobe Posted - 10 March 2011 : 09:59:29
Glad it all went well widge. Good luck.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
glafy Posted - 10 March 2011 : 07:22:13
Hi Widge, I'm glad your interview is over and done with & that your interviewer was not the Ogre that we all imagine they are going to be.

Make sure you use your friends experience in the police force to help you in anyway.

Take care.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
choccie lab Posted - 09 March 2011 : 23:38:49
Hi Widge,thanks for letting us know how you got on,hope your enjoying the wine.

Jane x
Widge Posted - 09 March 2011 : 22:14:15
Actually the gentleman interviewing me was very nice and understanding and I did not feel at all under pressure. Two hours is a long time but we had a lot to cover and it didn't seem that long. He thought that the court order made several years ago was unfair considering my changes in circumstances since, but I'll have to wait to hear from the IP on that one.

One good thing I've found out is that loans from my motherand boyfriend all count too in the bankruptcy. So they should get their money back too if all goes well.

I can't do much about the ex but like Big Al has said, I shall keep a record of all communication he has with me. He does know where I live but its quite a distance from him and at least he can't ring my mobile number now.

OK now for that huge glass of wine or two!

Widge x
Crazee67 Posted - 09 March 2011 : 18:25:22
Hi Widge - so how do you feel after yoour interview. Was it ok? did you feel under pressure? Two hours seems a huuuuge amount of time to be grilled about your finances, I have a headache just trying to imagine it urk!!! I must say though, Im a bit concerned for you with regards to your ex but I appreciate you know him and know if its idle threats. Just promise to be careful!!

Big glass of vino for you tonight matey as thats one more hurdle you've crossed. Think I might join you - any excuse though XX

Mine's a double
Bigal4787 Posted - 09 March 2011 : 15:18:54
Hi widge,
what you signed was a pre-narrative statement regarding the circumstances leading to your bankruptcy,section 291 of the insolvency act being your duty to co-operate with the OR, which yiu have done.

Regarding the consent order, if it's been made by a court it generally isn't challenged by the OR, only agreements on divorce not sanctioned by the court. The only way the consent order may be challenged will be on a mistake, fraud or such like.

Also what is the amount involved?

As for fear of your ex coming after you, there's nothing that can be done until something does happen, i.e threats made directly to you in person, or by phone,text, email etc(better evidentially as you can retain copies of texts, voicemails etc). If so then you need to keep a record of each occasion that something happens, then you could look at something being done under the harassment act, other options depend upon when and how things develop.

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
debtinfo Posted - 09 March 2011 : 14:02:51
does your ex know where you live, if not and you may be in danger you can go back to the judge and request that your address be removed from all of the public bankruptcy records
Widge Posted - 09 March 2011 : 12:55:17
Just back from OR interview. Yes it lasted 2 hours. Had to sign an 8 page statement under s291 of the Insolvency Act 1986. They're calling a meeting of creditors and will refer to an insolvency practitioner. It looks like they'll be overturning the consent order re: divorce settlement and going after my ex for my fair equity in the jointly owned property. Oh dear, he's going to get REALLY angry now and I must take some advice from my Police friend because am in fear of him coming after me. Yikes!
Widge x
glafy Posted - 09 March 2011 : 07:41:47
Well done for being so organised Widge & for taking control.

Another few steps forward!

Good Luck. We will be waiting for your report!! LOL

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Widge Posted - 08 March 2011 : 22:17:30
Thanks for all your support!
I think I have all the paperwork I need for my interview tomorrow - I've now got to work out how to carry it all to their office!
I changed my mobile number today and feel a burden has been lifted and take pleasure in knowing that the ex will be fretting BIG TIME.
Oh well, early start tomorrow. I phoned the OR this morning as I was concerned about the length of time they allowed for the interview. They assured me that 2 hours is normal and it would very rarely last 3, and even if it did I could drive back in time to start work on time.
I can't wait to get this major milestone over with.
I'll let you all know how it went.
Widge x
choccie lab Posted - 08 March 2011 : 21:18:17
Good luck Widge xx
glafy Posted - 08 March 2011 : 20:47:23
Adding my Good Luck message too!.

Skippy Posted - 08 March 2011 : 20:39:21
Good luck Widge x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page