Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 a good legal advisor in Liverpool ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lynnk Posted - 04 May 2011 : 21:58:39
Does anyone know of a good legal advisor in Liverpool regarding bankruptcy and LPA taken charge over buy to let, but still putting charges on and marking it on credit list
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lynnk Posted - 15 May 2011 : 22:16:26
[Thanks Big Al will definately follow up and give them a ring, hopefully someone will be able to sort this mess out.
Lynnk quote]Originally posted by Bigal4787

Hi,
I have replied, I only found out today, that BT had disabled their old browser and so I was thinking I hadn't got any emails until I installed the new one, which I did with the help of Rick in Bangalore!

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"

[/quote]
Niobe Posted - 15 May 2011 : 12:38:28
Good old Rick!!!!

I hate it when the Asian call centres use English names!

Hate BT as well!

Glad you're sorted Bigal1

The world is broken, halos fail to glisten
We try to make a difference but no one wants to listen
Hail the preachers, fake and proud
Their doctrines will be cloud
Then they'll dissipate like snowflakes in an ocean

Jan
xxx
Bigal4787 Posted - 15 May 2011 : 11:52:45
Hi,
I have replied, I only found out today, that BT had disabled their old browser and so I was thinking I hadn't got any emails until I installed the new one, which I did with the help of Rick in Bangalore!

Big Al

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Niobe Posted - 14 May 2011 : 21:35:31
I'm sure BigAl will pick up on this Lynn - just keeping it bumped up.

The world is broken, halos fail to glisten
We try to make a difference but no one wants to listen
Hail the preachers, fake and proud
Their doctrines will be cloud
Then they'll dissipate like snowflakes in an ocean

Jan
xxx
Lynnk Posted - 14 May 2011 : 20:55:58
[Hi Bigal4787
I have sent a email to your other email address if you can reply I would appreciate it.
Lynnkquote]Originally posted by Bigal4787

Hi,
the problem you have, is that unlike a solely owned tenanted property where the legal title vests with the OR or trustee, with a jointly owned property, the legal title does not vest with the trustee,and so you remain as landlords of the property, and ultimately responsible for it.

The thing that vests with the trustee is the beneficial interest as unlike the title it can be seperated, which I think is where your problem lies, as shown in this extract from the technical manual:

31.12.74 Rental income from jointly owned tenanted property

As it is only the beneficial interest in an AST that vests in the official receiver as trustee, the joint owners retain the right to collect the rent from the tenant (see paragraph 31.12.9 for more details). The official receiver, as trustee, is only entitled to the bankrupt’s share of the profits from the rental income, that is the bankrupt’s share of the rent after deduction of all direct costs and expenses of renting the property under the terms of the AST agreement (see Part 3). This situation applies even where both the joint owners are bankrupt.

The sting in the tail, is that the mortgage repayments are not included in the above calculation, so after taking out the expenses involved in the tenancy i.e insurance, maintenance etc, the remainder goes to the trustee.

I do know an IP in Liverpool who I did refer people to for help, but I'm not allowed to mention them on the forum unfortunately.

Big Al

[/quote]
RHB Posted - 09 May 2011 : 13:34:30
Right, I understand now. I can't see them keeping the house as long as 20 years though. Have you phoned your OR & asked this question, since the whole point of bankruptcy is to start afresh. Are these arrears only after the bankruptcy?
Lynnk Posted - 08 May 2011 : 09:54:33
The tenant pays money direct to mortgage company, but mortgage company charge us for the arrears that have amounted after we de declared ourselves bankrupt 2 years ago because the rent didn't cover the mortgage payments. This house was part of the bankruptcy and if and when they sell the house what ever is owing is part of the bankruptcy but until they sell they keep adding charges and then this shows each month on our credit file as being in shortfall so even after six years when we should be able to start afresh with our credit history we wont be able to because they will continue to add it to credit file until they sell house which may be twenty years if they want to or if we pay arrears occurred since bankruptcy. Hope this makes sense.
RHB Posted - 08 May 2011 : 07:59:06
Sop you pay no money to the mortgage company at the moment, they take it direct from the tenant?
Lynnk Posted - 07 May 2011 : 17:24:26
[It is a buy to let and LPA have tenant in which we have no dealings with. They have told us the only part we are involved in is the property being in our names. They give tenant 6 months lease and it is renewed every six months but that could change if they want to make it longer. The LPA was put in place by the mortgage company.quote]Originally posted by RHB

IS it a business property cos it's unusual to have such a long lease? Is the property mortgaged, if so just stop paying it!
[/quote]
RHB Posted - 07 May 2011 : 17:02:00
IS it a business property cos it's unusual to have such a long lease? Is the property mortgaged, if so just stop paying it!
Lynnk Posted - 07 May 2011 : 16:33:14
[The company wont sell and tenant could be there for next twenty years. In that time they are still putting charges on me each month because of all the arrears not covered by tenant for last two years when I first declared myself bankrupt. so where I thought I would have a clear credit file in 6 years is now proving to be wrong and in fact I will never be clear because until they sell means they can do what they want.
quote]Originally posted by RHB

I suppose eventually the mortgage company will tire of you not paying the mortgage & look to repossess. The shortfall will be covered in your BR.
[/quote]
RHB Posted - 07 May 2011 : 16:12:32
I suppose eventually the mortgage company will tire of you not paying the mortgage & look to repossess. The shortfall will be covered in your BR.
Bigal4787 Posted - 07 May 2011 : 11:54:58
Hi,
the problem you have, is that unlike a solely owned tenanted property where the legal title vests with the OR or trustee, with a jointly owned property, the legal title does not vest with the trustee,and so you remain as landlords of the property, and ultimately responsible for it.

The thing that vests with the trustee is the beneficial interest as unlike the title it can be seperated, which I think is where your problem lies, as shown in this extract from the technical manual:

31.12.74 Rental income from jointly owned tenanted property

As it is only the beneficial interest in an AST that vests in the official receiver as trustee, the joint owners retain the right to collect the rent from the tenant (see paragraph 31.12.9 for more details). The official receiver, as trustee, is only entitled to the bankrupt’s share of the profits from the rental income, that is the bankrupt’s share of the rent after deduction of all direct costs and expenses of renting the property under the terms of the AST agreement (see Part 3). This situation applies even where both the joint owners are bankrupt.

The sting in the tail, is that the mortgage repayments are not included in the above calculation, so after taking out the expenses involved in the tenancy i.e insurance, maintenance etc, the remainder goes to the trustee.

I do know an IP in Liverpool who I did refer people to for help, but I'm not allowed to mention them on the forum unfortunately.

Big Al

Lynnk Posted - 07 May 2011 : 10:29:36
Hi,
The OR passed it onto IP who now say that they dont have any more dealings with this. There is a tenant in the property but LPA have told us that apart from the property being in our names we dont have no other say. It is a joint property and both of us had to to declare ourselves bankrupt as we had other properties in scotland and they have all been sold at losses. This one still charges us every month for being in arrears because the tenant didn't cover mortgage although they have reduced the interest for the next 2years to pay of but cant see how because they keep adding charges every month. My problem though is should they have carried on charging us if this was part of the bankruptcy and what do I do if the interest goes up or the tenant moves out and no one pays the mortgage. They are still blacklisting us on the credit file each month because of the arrears so I will never be clear and my name will always be blacklisted because they may never sell the property. I have been cab who say it is something they have never dealt with so they cant help. I feel like I am going round in circles as I dont know who to contact. Something is wrong because when we declared ourselves bankrupt it was with the feeling of dread but also with the thought that there would be a silver lining at the end where we would be clear in six years, which is not the case. do you know who I could contact to try and sort this mess out. Thanks Lynnk
quote:
Originally posted by Bigal4787

Hi,
is there a tenant in the property, as the role of an LPA receiver is mainly to manage the former BTL property until they hand it back to the mortgagee with recommendations as to how to deal with it. Do you know if the OR is still trustee, or has it been handed over to an IP?

Was this the only BTL property that you had,and was it jointly or solely owned?

Also, is it Liverpool city council that are the council it comes under?

Big Al

Bigal4787 Posted - 06 May 2011 : 17:32:17
Hi,
is there a tenant in the property, as the role of an LPA receiver is mainly to manage the former BTL property until they hand it back to the mortgagee with recommendations as to how to deal with it. Do you know if the OR is still trustee, or has it been handed over to an IP?

Was this the only BTL property that you had,and was it jointly or solely owned?

Also, is it Liverpool city council that are the council it comes under?

Big Al

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page