Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I have a DMP with what I thought was a well respected company

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tina.23 Posted - 23 July 2012 : 23:58:34
I have a DMP with what I thought was a well respected company (director used to comment on this site), but I didnt ever sign anything. I have been paying 500 a month and they have been paying minimum payments to my creditors, in order to build up a pot to negotiate settlement. My problem is that they have in excess of £3000 and have not returned my calls or emails despite the answering service promising they will get in touch with a particular individual. I have requested that they update me on the state of play - who they have approached for settelment etc, but I have heard nothing for months regarding my accounts. I have now started getting letters again from debt recovery companies, often with very inflated balances. My concern obviously is that they have been spirited away with my money, which will leave me with no money and debts.
What recourse do I have if I am unable to get to speak with anyone from the company. I have deliberately not named them, as I am still hoping for a positive resolution.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 27 July 2012 : 07:21:19
That's great Tina, we're all here for you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 23:57:39
Good to hear it T, chin up :-)

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Professional advice should always be sought.
Tinabeans Posted - 26 July 2012 : 22:25:51
Thanks everyone. I hope it does get sorted without to much more bother. I will let you know when it is sorted. T
Viki.W Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:59:16
Good luck from me too Tina.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:18:05
Good luck from me too.
Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

--------------
Views expressed are my own personal views, based on what has happened during my own BR process unless otherwise stated.
Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 19:07:36
From me as well and let us know how you get on.

Ascend may you find no resistance
Know that you made such a difference
All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again

Skippy Posted - 26 July 2012 : 18:51:37
Good luck with getting this sorted out Tina x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 09:27:05
ok

--------------
Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 09:10:10
If a poster is someone looking for advice then we will usually change the name to protect their anonymity.

Daniel has been posting on here for a while now, he just doesn't come on that often.

year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 09:00:01
Fair enough. Just thought I'd mention it, as it had been done for Rob.

--------------
Niobe Posted - 26 July 2012 : 06:34:23
Daniel Griffiths doesn't mind his name being known, I believe he works, or has worked, in the industry.

He also posts on the sister forum under his name.

year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 02:10:25
Just a thought,

Rob had his name changed, would Daniel not benefit?

--------------
year 2029 Posted - 26 July 2012 : 01:48:19
Daniel, my sentiments as well,
Hence also wanting more independent advice, even if that's to seek help to recover funds as well.

Personally, waiting means potentially losing more money :-(

--------------
Daniel Griffiths Posted - 26 July 2012 : 00:42:24
Hi Tina

I have no idea who the firm is however there is a risk here in what you are doing, and I would have serious concern that a private enterprise who is holding your funds are not returning your calls, you never know if one day they are unable to return calls as they may not be there anymore. The principle of a full and final settlement is easy to understand and although no guarantees, can be successful but why cant you do it still holding the funds,why do the funds have to be in someone else bank account, or if you think you will spend them why not trust a relative to hold them until creditors are willing to accept a full and final at least you will have peace of mind because if you have started having letters from creditors you may as well pay them yourself minimum payments
year 2029 Posted - 25 July 2012 : 21:30:42
Hi Tina,

Is it worth getting further advice as well? Maybe from the CAB or other insolvency practitioners?

I only say this incase the worst happens and this company fail you.

Not a nice thought I know, but it cant do any harm to seek other options and be further informed?

--------------

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page