Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 debt not included in bankruptcy.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jwmc77 Posted - 26 March 2014 : 14:52:27
Hi everyone, we declared yourself br in march 2008 (best thing we ever done) today I received a letter from quick quid regarding a small loan we acquired before we went br, I'm sure I didn't include this in the br so am wondering if I would have to pay this.....we moved shortly after br and genuinely forgot about this, this is the first we've heard from them in 6 years!

MAC
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 15 October 2014 : 15:37:40
Did you send a copy of your bankruptcy order? If so, did they reply?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 15 October 2014 : 14:06:10
Speak to the company concerned and explain things to them.

A lot of the time it's just scare tactics.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

jwmc77 Posted - 15 October 2014 : 13:34:02
Well thats the thing, the wife really doesnt want debt collectors at the door.
Are there no other steps you could advise?

MAC
Niobe Posted - 15 October 2014 : 11:53:16
I am sure that all of your unsecured debts will have been included. You do not have to speak to anyone if they do turn up.

If you printed off a copy of your discharge certificate then send a copy of this to the creditor.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

jwmc77 Posted - 15 October 2014 : 11:34:40
Ok so been a while now, have just recieved a letter saying they will be sending a doorstep collection officer to the door....can they do this? Is this not harrassment?

MAC
Niobe Posted - 26 March 2014 : 18:51:51
Let us know what happens.

jwmc77 Posted - 26 March 2014 : 18:47:36
Ok thanks, I think I'll just send a copy of the order without acknowledging the debt just to be on the safe side.

MAC
Niobe Posted - 26 March 2014 : 17:53:22
That's what I thought Viki. Thanks for clarifying that.

Viki.W Posted - 26 March 2014 : 17:51:17
If it was from before your bankruptcy then it's included whether it was on your form or not. If they are hassling you, just send them a copy of your bankruptcy order.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 26 March 2014 : 16:48:55
Not sure - the other thing is not to acknowledge it. If you've not heard in six years then it should now be statute barred and they can only chase you if you acknowledge the debt.

jwmc77 Posted - 26 March 2014 : 16:46:50
Surely it would have only been included if I had declared it when I went br? Although I did have an old gas debt written off which wasn't declared on br forms.

Niobe Posted - 26 March 2014 : 16:19:19
Pretty sure that it would have been included. Don't reply to them and have a quick word with your original or to just check up.

jwmc77 Posted - 26 March 2014 : 15:33:21
Sorry, it was 2009.

MAC

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page