Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I was discharged 2010. What do I do about a creditor who contacted me ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pigsick Posted - 26 April 2014 : 17:39:17
Hi I made myself BR in Feb 09. I was discharged in 2010 and the court receiver also relieved themselves of my case round about the same time. I have received a letter from Eversheds saying that Lloys (one of my creditors ) has sold the debt on. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. Also can I just check do I still have to wait the 6 years to clean my credit history.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 28 April 2014 : 16:16:28
Hi pigsick,

As Niobe has said, don't worry about them selling debt on, they can't do anything. I would start cleaning your file as soon as you have time, because it can take a long time!

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 26 April 2014 : 20:56:55
You may have to wait until the six years but they do have to remove it back to the date of BR.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pigsick Posted - 26 April 2014 : 20:39:07
Thanks for that, I have done the basic 2.00 check and the Lloyds one shows it was satisfied but not in full. This other co have put it on my credit history as well, I am correct in asking them to remove if completely.
Niobe Posted - 26 April 2014 : 17:48:36
Hi

You don't have to sorry about this letter - your debt was included in your BR. You can always contact them with a copy of your discharge and tell them to do one.

You can start to clear your credit history whenever you like. Any defaults should go back to the start of your BR but be aware that the BR will remain on your record for the full six years from the date of declaration.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page