Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Had 8 years of constant struggle I really need some help. I'm scared and feel worthless

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nonnon Posted - 26 May 2014 : 14:31:40
I'm on benefits mostly made up from my baby's disability benefits and Carers allowance I have furniyture tv etc that belongs to my boyfriend in my home as I have nothing after suffering domestic violence in previous relationship I wanted to know what do I do as I know there are debts I know are not on my credit report and they have been repeatedly sold to debt collection agencies but I don't know who owns them now so what do I do I don't know what to write down also it's come to light a ccj against me I didn't know about it's over 6 years old but didn't know about it so there could be others I don't know about can't find them on credit report so what can I do I'm constantly crying can't eat feel worthless and my kids would be better off without me I need help I'm scared I've buried my head in sand for long time as I can't cope with everything had eight years of constant struggle withvarious things in life I realyneed some help
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 27 May 2014 : 22:38:50
Hi,

Check your credit record with all three agencies to see what they have recorded against you. Experian, Call Credit and Equifax.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Nonnon Posted - 27 May 2014 : 20:51:41
Hi thanks guys were looking into checking whole of credit file they said something about my largest debt poss being statute barred I looked on file and know that due to being in a mess and having lots of problems no acknowledgement of debt or payment been made by me for over six years at least how do I get them to sto chasing stat barred debt how will I find if any ccjs on me that are over Six years old they never answered me that as I'd like to know !

Niobe Posted - 27 May 2014 : 07:54:12
Let us know how you are getting on Nonnon - ask away with any questions or concerns you may have and we will do our best to help you.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Viki.W Posted - 27 May 2014 : 04:34:10
If you haven't an income from a job then you won't have to pay anything back as all you are getting is benefits which are for you to live on and care for your child.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Nonnon Posted - 27 May 2014 : 00:46:41
No there was no one there or answering phone so am going in morning as soon as they open I was going to ask to talk to money advisor though or get appointment the one debt that is the majority is credit card from near six years ago will be six years end of June will that make difference to bankruptcy also what income will be taken into account for payments with bankruptcy as all I have is benefits and daughters dla and Cben that's what I don't understand !

Niobe Posted - 26 May 2014 : 23:11:14
Please don't feel useless - we've all been there and you will come out the other side.

Viki.W Posted - 26 May 2014 : 23:03:48
With your level or debt and your situation, it does sound like bankruptcy could be your best option. As well as your visit to the CAB,I suggest you also have a chat to an expert.

Have you got an appointment with a money advisor at the CAB tomorrow?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 26 May 2014 : 22:38:33
If they are statute barred and you have not acknowledged them then they cannot contact you.

If you speak to an expert they will give you free advice.

If you declare BR then all debts will be included but do pick up the phone to check.

Nonnon Posted - 26 May 2014 : 22:14:42
Also I'm almost certain some of the debts would be statute barred but how would this effect anything !

Niobe Posted - 26 May 2014 : 20:26:45
Please please speak to an expert.

If you have less than £20 per month disposable income (after your normal bills have been paid) then the chances are that you won't have to pay anything across.

Unless you bank with HSBC or First Direct then you should be fine.

Nonnon Posted - 26 May 2014 : 19:44:10
I've Been looking at things about bancruptcy but seen so much that scares me only income is benefits with Cben and dla for baby but seem some say these have been used for payment from bancruptcy too I couldn't afford the things I have to do like travel to hospitals over 200 nap pies a month much more food than normal as baby who is one has to eat and enack around six to eight times a day and has to have a very high calorie dieti don't smoke drink or go out we don't go on holiday because can't afford it and I filled something in and it just said result saying cut down on food etc also any income I have if anything left over I have to account for emergency child are or hospital admissions as I can't be left with nothing then not be able to pay someone to look after children or get hospital if needed I saw it said would freeze account too I don't have any other account than a basic Barclays one already all benefits are paid into this I can't get them any other way it just all feels so hopeless now I just want to be able to sleep stop crying and feel like there something worth carrying on for x

Niobe Posted - 26 May 2014 : 17:31:31
Hi and welcome.

I agree with Viki that you should speak to an expert. BR could be an option but you really do need to take some advice.

Nonnon Posted - 26 May 2014 : 15:00:43
Around 30,000 at least from around 8-6 years ago had good job ended up out of work couldn't meetpayments have had problems with DVD so had years trying to sort my self and children's safety had priority debts rent arrears council tax gas electric fr my address am in agreements with these and paying but I couldn't cope with life with it all and debts were last thing I could deal with as know I can't afford them now I am a full time cater for baby with cystic fibrosis so still struggling coming to terms with this my children don't have a lot but me my boyfriend doesn't live me as I'm scared to at moment I'm going to cab tomo but feel so ashamed I can't sleep anything I'm only little anyway but lost over a stone in two weeks since a letter from Lowell financial I can't do anything about a ccj I didn't know I had and I don't want my children suffering bailiffs etc they've enough to deal with already thanks :''(

Viki.W Posted - 26 May 2014 : 14:44:13
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please don't feel worthless, your debts can all be sorted. Have you taken advice on what to do? How much debt do you think you have. If you choose bankruptcy, don't worry if you miss anyone off the forms, they'll still be included.

Please speak to an expert and chat through everything.

We're all here if you want to carry on posting.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page