Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Mine field correcting credit file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pigsick Posted - 28 June 2014 : 16:12:19
Hi hope someone can help me, there are items on my credit file that are incorrect, Lloyds sold the debts to Max, so now there are duplicate items on my credit file. i have rang lloyds and they say i have to write to experian, etc and tell them the data is incorrect and they will fix it. Is this correct? i thought lloyds would have to do it. Also my second question is i am right in asking Lloyds to remove the items completely from my file, as they have sold to Max arent I. Any advice would be grateful. -
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 14 September 2014 : 19:08:21
Well I had to prove my BR to them because as I said they didn't even know it had happened. Which I thought was strange
Niobe Posted - 14 September 2014 : 17:03:19
I've never had to send them my completion letter.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 14 September 2014 : 16:28:01
I had to alert Equifax to my BR as they didn't have it showing at all! I had to also send them the discharge cert
Niobe Posted - 14 September 2014 : 15:00:08
Strangely, mine was never showing on Noddle, only Experian.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 14 September 2014 : 14:51:47
They have 21 days to reply and 40 days to amend or it's removed totally I had Noodle do that for me with RBS
Niobe Posted - 14 September 2014 : 11:58:19
Experian are the ones who have taken off my default loan while they investigate with Direct Line. It's still not appeared back on there.

If they continue then tell them to take you to court - they will be the losers.

pcoventry2 Posted - 14 September 2014 : 11:54:10
Well Ive asked Equifax and Experian to amend it so that it's at least the right status. I have asked them not to change the default date because it's 4 years old now so will be worthless and will drop off soon. Experian tell me that no one has the right to change the default date anyway just the satisfied date. and it's the default date the 6 years goes by
Niobe Posted - 13 September 2014 : 21:31:57
Don't worry - they can do nothing.

pcoventry2 Posted - 13 September 2014 : 21:28:01
Sent to Equifax 4 days ago.

Mr Coventry was made bankrupt on 02/05/12 and the shortfall balance was included in this, therefore he is no longer liable. Bankruptcy date: 02/05/12 and discharge date: 02/05/13. Please update credit file adccordingly.
Thanks.

They still called me today to chase the debt.

Jokers the lot of them.
pcoventry2 Posted - 02 September 2014 : 15:09:03
Well this is the thing, the plan is it all drops off when the BR does but Experian said to me why rock the boat on defaults in 2008? As I said I have one for 1/10/2008 so it will drop off next month. If I get it changed then it will stay on for another 5 years which is pointless.

I have one defaulted in March 2012 which was before BR so I have left that - but what I work on it that they should be green and not red

Another thing she said was that after 3 years defaults don't hold any weight and are mostly ignored. Now I have to trust what she says and she was fair and didn't give me any reason to think otherwise

Niobe Posted - 02 September 2014 : 13:26:41
All credit cards are credit even if you pay them off in full each month. A debit balance isn't bad if you can make a payment each month so that it shows up as ok.

Your default balance should be that when you were declared BR and not after that.

pcoventry2 Posted - 02 September 2014 : 12:57:31
I've been looking and thinking about my file etc

I spent 1 day in a house that we own and I had a BT phone line ordered but I cancelled it after a few hours because I was not staying. 6 years on BT are still giving me a green mark on my credit file each month. But the defaults etc just keep dragging it down.

My view is this.

I have a credit card which is doing well, got broadband and 2 bank accounts, all marking equifax each month. I was with virgin mobile until today but even they are still green marking a mobile broadband account I had for a month, so that will help and I have all the credit I need. I forgot that using a card even now is debt and until I realised it was vanquis I was horrified to see I had £100 debt showing.

I think that It's not worth re visiting my credit file again until 3nd May 2018 at which time most will have dropped off - some sooner. But as I said before I made the mistake of getting some updated to 2013 which means they won't die for a year after that. Until I spoke to Experian I didn't know older defaulted accounts are better.

But spend time looking over your report and get a free 30 day trial if you can, once you realise how it all gears together it's quite easy to repair and to dance around the bad bits.
Niobe Posted - 31 August 2014 : 09:25:36
Pleasure!

pcoventry2 Posted - 31 August 2014 : 09:17:20
Good PLan! I will use this little gem with this mortgage company if I hear from them again ;)

thanks
Niobe Posted - 31 August 2014 : 08:45:27
They can say that all they like but there is nothing they can do to you. I'd let them threaten me with court action as they would be very foolish to do so and if they did take you there you would probably get compensation and they would have to pay all court costs.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page