Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Success stories
 Credit card

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mistake09 Posted - 03 July 2014 : 13:19:18
Hi all, not posted on here for ages, just applied for a vanquis credit card and got accepted!!!! time to start re-building my life I think, I was discharged from my BR in jan 2010 but its not gone off my record til jan 2015, nearly there though now :-). The funny thing is my family are really concerned about me wanting a credit card, they seem to forget what I went through and will not be getting into that mess again, this is solely to re-build credit to hopefully start to think about my own house again in years to come, for the people who have been on here years Im still in the camper van most nights and still smiling, BR at the time seemed terrible but once it was over with it was a blessing tbh, I hope you're all well and not letting life drag you down too much, take care everyone.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry2 Posted - 13 September 2014 : 18:08:07
I had my first increase on month 7 they give you 30 days notice although mine went up in 25
Niobe Posted - 13 September 2014 : 08:05:12
Excellent news. Really pleased for you.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

mistake09 Posted - 13 September 2014 : 06:58:30
hi all, been using the credit card for afew months now, seems ok, I pay the bill early though!!! hoping to get the increase next month but if not im in no rush :-) lifes still good here, hope you're all well
Niobe Posted - 03 September 2014 : 13:06:57
Never done PPI for anything.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

pcoventry2 Posted - 03 September 2014 : 11:52:47
True

But then again you could say it's my fault for not paying it off in time. But at least I know how it works..

Could be worse.. I could have fallen for this repayment protection scam. Then it would be £20 a month ontop.
Niobe Posted - 03 September 2014 : 11:32:06
Not good - another reason why I won't go for one of those!

pcoventry2 Posted - 03 September 2014 : 11:30:29
apparently it's a system glitch where they are charging the same as they should but split into 2.

I've cleared the balance now. i might get a few £ on next months in interest but that's about it.

It won't appear on my record it's fine as long as the payment schedule is met

apparently it's from last month because i didn't pay it all off and because I have done until then i'd not seen it before.

Someone paid off their balance £1950.28) but left the 28p off and next month got charged £90 as they charge for the entire previous balance (ouch!)
Niobe Posted - 03 September 2014 : 10:43:39
Not seen that before - I'd phone them, it may appear on your credit record.

pcoventry2 Posted - 03 September 2014 : 10:05:46
This appeared on my statement this month. It's back at £0 now but I haven't see this before

02 Sep 14 BILLED DEFERRED FINANCE CHARGES £4.97 DR
02 Sep 14 PURCHASE INTEREST £4.19 DR

Google says

This will be due to a transaction appearing on the account the day your bill was produced.

Vanquis have an age old error with their billing system that they're too stupid to fix. Call them on their free number - 0800 781 6314 - explain and they will refund the £1.

Not going to bother but I guess as this is the first time I have let it tick over a full month then it was something i'd not seen before.
pcoventry2 Posted - 28 August 2014 : 18:28:05
don't blame you!
Niobe Posted - 28 August 2014 : 16:57:53
I'll stick with going on hubby's card I think at the moment.

pcoventry2 Posted - 28 August 2014 : 16:52:53
Just going on what the website says. I just got off the phone to them. The system hadent processed anything. They Declined me.

Never mind. They say it's due to the data they got from the CRA but none of them show a search in the last 24 hours and they get updated every day.

Niobe Posted - 28 August 2014 : 16:51:00
Barclaycard were one of my creditors but they've never said that to me.

pcoventry2 Posted - 28 August 2014 : 16:43:23
haha really?

Interesting :)

Well I have access to all the credit monitoring and they haven't even searched me so hmm, might try again :)

They use Equifax I am told...

Edit:: Oh.. I went to the pre check form and it said.

It seems you’re already a Barclaycard customer

I had best ring them.
Skippy Posted - 28 August 2014 : 16:06:17
I applied for a Barclaycard earlier this year and, despite them being one of my creditors, I was accepted.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010. I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page