Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 My wife does not wish to show OR personal details as we are not getting on too well.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
David.t Posted - 20 August 2014 : 21:27:45
Hi, I have just been made bankrupt and my OR is telling me that unless I agree that my wife (who is a low earner & has her own personal debts) pays for 50% of the household bills, she will have to show the OR her personal income & outgoings, she really doesn't want to do this as we are not getting on very well at the moment. Can you help please?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 22 August 2014 : 07:10:27
Hi David,

I suggest your son claims what benefits he is entitled to so he can contribute to the household outgoings, however small the contribution.

If you have been given an Income Payment Agreement that you disagree with you can have it go before a judge, but I think you should ask your wife to submit her wages details etc first and then they can look at the figures again.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 21 August 2014 : 12:45:00
Hi,

I'm afraid the OR won't look on a 23 year old who has left university as a dependent and he really should be trying to claiming benefit. I know it's hard but it's the way BR operates.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

David.t Posted - 21 August 2014 : 12:03:00
Many thanks for all your reply's.
The other problem I have with the OR is they are discounting various things such as Domestic Break which I know should be considered as per their guidelines!
They have said that they will Not accept the third adult 23year old (son)in the household bills calculations; who is only earning enough to pay for his clothing & mobile phone and is not contributing as he has just left University and has no proper job yet. The reason given is that "he should be claiming benefits and is not their problem" I find this extraordinary as we have no way of forcing him to claim benefits and even if we did, the amount he received still would make next to no difference. He is after all a Dependant!

Viki.W Posted - 21 August 2014 : 10:02:55
Hi, as Debtinfo has said, the OR will assume a 50/50 split, but if it isn't and you have to pay more to the household due to you earning more, then it would be in your wife's best interests to submit what they are asking so that you are not paying too much in an income payment agreement.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 20 August 2014 : 22:13:05
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your wife will have to show that she is contributing to the household expenses as this may free up money for you to pay across in an income payment order.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

debtinfo Posted - 20 August 2014 : 22:12:59
The OR is entitled to assume that your wife pays for 50% of the outgoings unless she can show otherwise. It is her choice but i don't see why you would not want to cooperate and so make sure that more of your income goes to the household rather than the OR. What other choice does the OR have, just to take your word for it?

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page