Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Co op cashminder account when bankrupt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
debtrider Posted - 07 July 2008 : 11:49:03
I have just opened a co op cashminder account (nothing in account yet).I have debts with co op credit cards so does this mean I will not be able to keep my bank account after bankruptcy, or are credit card accounts different from bank accounts.Look forward to your replies.

Debtrider

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 09 July 2008 : 17:44:24
Hi 369,

Funnily enough, I opened my post-BR account with the Abbey and have been fine. I have recently been informed that they have temporarily stopped accepting BR's, but it does seem to change almost on a daily basis!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
369 Posted - 09 July 2008 : 15:24:57
Hello,

I went bankrupt in Nov 07, and I opened up an Abbey Cash Card account. Now you cannot pay direct debits out of it, but direct debits can be paid into it. Or if your employers pay you by cheque you can pay this in. You get a card and can withdraw money from any cash point, however, this is all you can do. You cannot pay for things on your card.

Give them a try! But if you need to set up direct debits then dont bother. However, I just pay all my bills at the post office now - back to basics!

JulianDonnelly Posted - 08 July 2008 : 15:05:57
Hi Debtrider,

Every bank will undoubtedly perform some kind of credit check prior to opening an account.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
debtrider Posted - 07 July 2008 : 20:07:47
Thanks for your reply Julian.

Just opened the co op cashminder. So would you suggest leaving this account empty. Any suggestions which bank will accept me as I owe money on credit cards to most of the main stream ones, Barclays, Halifax, Natwest, Co-op. I have enquired with Think Banking but the person was not very helpful and said I would have to deposit a set amount in the account every month.Being self employed my wages vary from month to month so I could not gaurantee that.So many bankrupts seem to be struggling to find bank accounts, why isn't a little more straight forward. We are not criminals, in fact we have more control over money when bankrupt with no overdrafts or credit available. If anyone out there can suggest a bank account with no credit checks let me know. What about the ones you pay for that I have seen on the internet? Thanks again

Debtrider
JulianDonnelly Posted - 07 July 2008 : 13:06:53
Hi Debtrider,

Whilst they will be two seperate Ltd companies, experience tells me that your account is likely to stay frozen. After your BR, take loads of ID etc for a day in the high street .... you WILL get a bank account somewhere!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
debtrider Posted - 07 July 2008 : 13:04:38
Hello Julian

I thought the Co Op were bankrupt friendly.I do not owe the Co op bank money but their credit card, is this the same thing?. If what you say is right then I will probably not be able to get a bank account when bankrupt. I thought everyone had the right.to a bank account. What will I do with any cheques paid to me in my self employment.

Debtrider

JulianDonnelly Posted - 07 July 2008 : 12:38:28
Hi Debtrider,

If you are going to take the Co Op for money in your BR, it is unlikely you'll get to keep the account.

Regards

Julian Donnelly

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page