Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Making An Offer To Trustee For Bankrupt's Equity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
michmar72 Posted - 04 April 2016 : 19:04:55
Hello

I am new here and am looking for some advice, my boyfriend who I jointly own our house with has been made bankrupt(HMRC VAT 102K) and we are at the stage that the trustee has been appointed. Its his only asset

They have had our house valued and have now contacted me to say the house is valued at £230,000.The mortgage redemption amount is £104,712.14.Therefore the equity is £125,250 and his half of the equity is £62,625.00. They have asked if I would like to make an offer and if so what the offer is.

-I agree the valuation, as I also had the house valued

-I have spoken with our mortgage provider and in principle they are happy for me to take over the mortgage and I could get up too £150,000 which would mean I could offer up to £45,976.00. The monthly payments on £150k mortgage would put me at the limit of my budget and I have no other ways to raise the shortfall of £16k.

My boyfriend is self employed so going forward I want to know that I can cover everything myself and his earnings are a bonus

So my questions are

When the trustee has asked me to make an offer, is that really what they mean? Is it a negotiation ?

How low should you go? Can I start low and work my way up to my final number?

Anything else anyone has been through this can tell me? I would be grateful, I don't want to do the wrong thing and cost myself money.

Thank you in advance

Michelle

Where will it all end :(
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 05 April 2016 : 20:25:16
Hi Michelle,

You should offer what you can comfortably afford, and yes, you can negotiate, but be realistic and send the offer letter from the bank to back up your figure.

Good luck.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy or debt relief order applications, please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Niobe Posted - 04 April 2016 : 19:28:36
Hi,

Sounds good to me but hopefully Viki will come along and advise.

There is no reason why you can't make a lower offer as far as I am aware.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page