Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 My new partner is going BR after her house was Repod

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcoventry90 Posted - 12 May 2016 : 15:16:22
My new partner is going BR after her house was Repod. How do you now apply for the Ex160 exemption from the £130 if you can't go to a court? Is it best to pay it then use the 3 month period and the form to claim it back?

She may also need a PARV so can she do that too?

Can she put her parents address down like I did? If so she will not need the PARV

Cheers
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Viki.W Posted - 14 May 2016 : 18:55:44
Ah pcoventry I don't think Niobe was being funny with you, she is always here to welcome people to the forum and answer questions and has been for a long time. The forum is so quiet, it's important that you and Niobe keep posting to help people out there who are so worried about their situation.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy or debt relief order applications, please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
pcoventry2 Posted - 14 May 2016 : 07:42:32
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

Viki knows what she is talking about. I would certainly not be advertising online that your parents have shotguns!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Thanks for the Advice Viki, I'll stop filling out the form then because it does seem pointless, I have also e-mailed Stepchange and the CAB as they both offer the form still on their websites. Take care!

Niobe,

1. I know Viki knows what she is talking about - She helped me through my BR, WHY do you think I have returned - it's not for your generally useless and often unneeded posts of tripe that's for sure!

2. It's not my parents, it's my partners parents, and they are fully licenced so I could go on the local Police force website and advertise it - because they are the ones who issue the licence! (by the way, it's not illegal, as long as reasonable, to use force when dealing with an intruder - disablement is considered reasonable.

Please stick to what you do and don't know (which is very little both ways) - whilst you are on the subject.

Thank you and good day :)
Niobe Posted - 14 May 2016 : 00:35:25
Viki knows what she is talking about. I would certainly not be advertising online that your parents have shotguns!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Viki.W Posted - 13 May 2016 : 19:54:36
There is no reduction of court fees because there are no court fees involved in bankruptcy anymore,

There is the official receiver fee and the adjudicator fee, so unfortunately no reduction applies.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy or debt relief order applications, please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
pcoventry2 Posted - 13 May 2016 : 16:09:02
Thanks for the advice all.

Okay so they are still pushing out the EX160 but now you say you can't get anything off? Pages like this were published a week before the changes - so they no longer apply?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-help-with-court-and-tribunal-fees

That's fair enough.

As for her parents address, I doubt her ex would go near there in a rage - seeing as her dad has shotguns and is not afraid to use them if he trespasses on their land.

What confuses me VIki is the new online process asks for proof of benefits if mentioned, why would they do that if there was no exmeption?

Viki.W Posted - 12 May 2016 : 20:16:53
Sorry regarding the PARV, your partner needs to start her bankruptcy application online, then apply using the form and go to court. She shouldn't submit her bankruptcy application online until the court have made a decision on the PARV order.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Viki.W Posted - 12 May 2016 : 19:26:58
Unfortunately there is no reduction in the bankruptcy fee anymore. £655 for everyone.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Niobe Posted - 12 May 2016 : 18:41:10
The new BR fees are £655 and can be paid either upfront or in instaments. Not sure about having anything taken off. You don't need to go to court anymore and forms can be filled in online.

As regards PARV then she can ask for that. I think I'd prefer that rather than use the parents address in case there is any trouble.

pcoventry2 Posted - 12 May 2016 : 16:22:22
This is me as I said - any advice would be appreciated and thank you ]

Pete

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page