Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 cashminder accounts electron cards..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
got there Posted - 07 September 2008 : 17:32:09
Me and husband have now split up he has moved out and opened himself a seperate cashminder account, had his name taken off joint one. He tried to pay BT for line connection and sky for installation. They both said the card wasnt recognised. he rang co op who said it is a visa debit electron and should go through just wandering if anyone else has had problems paying over the phone with cards they have rec'd in the last few weeks. thanks in advance.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 09 September 2008 : 09:03:48
Hi Win

Some of these places do my headd in, they are meant to stop all the worry of going OD and then they do that.

Did you get it sorted out. As clearly it was not your fault. I hope they did not charge you. :(

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated Needafriend's New Life- A Debt Free One! blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 09 September 2008 : 06:51:57
Tesco Pay@pump using the Visa Electron Card sent me overdrawn!
I got £10 of petrol then later in the day went shopping which I payed on the card.The £10 wasnt taken off the 'Availiable Balance' until the following day.This is strange as its usally taken instantaly
zamfir Posted - 09 September 2008 : 01:06:38
Lloyds offer a Visa Debit card (without cheque guarantee), but not for us BR's :(
Needafriend Posted - 08 September 2008 : 12:07:59
Ah ha!

That explains even more. I dont know these banks and cards still try us even now, why cant life be simple.
They should allow us the same as a normal debit card but without the cheque guarantee bit.
Oh well, maybe next year they will upgrade it.:)

And Remember To Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
zamfir Posted - 08 September 2008 : 12:02:05
I think the pay@pump issue is to do with pre-auth, and the fact the surplus funds are not released until the next day.
Needafriend Posted - 08 September 2008 : 12:00:48
Sods law Zoe.

Thats how it always works, i will no doubt find a place that i will have trouble with now.

Oh well if i do i will post it on here. Just to warn people.

zoe Posted - 08 September 2008 : 11:17:48
I have to say i have never had a problem with my electron card.
You wait now i will find one tomorrow i bet!!! LOL
Needafriend Posted - 08 September 2008 : 10:08:56
It gets weirder and weirder i would have thought that these cards would have been the better option for them as they only work with money in them and so you cant spend what you dont have.
Oh well we all learn and seems to me that we will just have to make do, i dont know about you but im happy with my one, everywhere so far but not tesco online have accepted the card, and so i can do my shopping without having to get cash out all the time.
Good luck all and keep on posting.

zamfir Posted - 08 September 2008 : 02:32:40
Also forgot to mention, Tesco have withdrawn Solo and Electron payments on their petrol station pay@pump systems. Apparently, the banks requested it due to increased fraud from these card types! Another weird thing - the blue electron card comes up as "Visa" where I work, but every other electron card will come up as "Visa Electron".
zamfir Posted - 08 September 2008 : 02:25:35
Tesco accepted my blue electron card online, but only after I entered the correct "Verified by Visa" password (oops!) The co-op had registered me for it, but I haven't yet received the letter.
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 07 September 2008 : 19:33:55
This may help..I had a green co op card which was updated to a blue one in july.Had a letter from coop to say there was something wrong with aq batch of cards that wouldnt allow a transaction to go through when used in certain stores!
got there Posted - 07 September 2008 : 19:21:49
It is still a mystery as they accepted my card over the phone, which is an electron card, just not his (his is a new account) weeks old. My mine was opened Nov 07. Guy from sky did say it might be cause his start date is 09/08.
Needafriend Posted - 07 September 2008 : 19:08:45
Thanks GP

That made good reading and also made good sense, now i see why they wont.

Take care

grantspants Posted - 07 September 2008 : 19:05:00
Hey folks,
I found this online, hope it is correct, and sheds some light on the matter

Question:
why do some retailers not accept visa electron?

Answer:
I work for an online retailer, and we are unable to accept Visa Electron, but the reason is very simple - it is just not possible to action a 'customer not present' transaction with that type of card.

This is related to the fact that Visa Electron cards are generally issued to people that banks consider to be at risk of making purchases that they cannot afford - the young, those with poor credit histories etc. It's more than a little prejudiced, but the banks have the authority to make the decision as to whether or not they'll offer you another type of card.

In our walk-in retail stores, you can use a Visa Electron card with gay abandon, providing you have the funds available.

I would suggest that you contact your bank to see if they will upgrade you to a Visa Delta, you can use those pretty much anywhere.
got there Posted - 07 September 2008 : 18:56:40
Yes Julian, I realise that but I paid with my electron card for exactly the same thing, his card wouldnt go through. Mine is a older green coloured card and his is a new blue one.

I know Jo its really strange.

thanks for all your advice

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page