Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 feel sick

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
useful Posted - 15 November 2008 : 15:38:32
Hi all, I havent posted despite my worries but now feel sick with worry about the phone call due from OR on Weds am at 10am - im not good in the morning, due to my medication, but I'm determined to get up at 7am and dose myself with coffee and get all my paperwork out. I also dont have much privacy in my little room - anybody on the landing could hear my conversation, but I thought well hell! i am past caring.

My main worry is that I sold my house in england last year to pay off debts in spain which were secured on land there. Due to my frenzy of packing and clearing up (by burning everything) I have no receipts, records or anything - the builder might have some receipts but does not want to get involved. My previous bank account in spain might have some records, but it is now closed.

I followed the gov insolvency website advice and paid off debt secured on property and then thought i could sell the land and come to some arrangement with my creditors in england - nothing has worked out and i went BR on 10th Nov. but now dreading the questions...

On top of that i have a lousy chest infection, sore throat from hell,cold sores etc. and feel really low - I hate to trouble you further but what do you think will happen? I just dont think i can take much more.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
useful Posted - 15 November 2008 : 18:20:39
Thank you everyone so much for your replies, I cant change whats happened and believe you that the OR will understand - you've trod this path before me and i must have faith in your experiences. I cant be anything but honest - my whole life has been a good path ive been proud of, and im just lost at the moment with worry.

I had to smile at the posting about winning the lottery and have bought a ticket for tonight, just in case :) - i would pay everyone off and clear my name, but then thats just me - this whole thing has felt like a disaster and if i could have just finished the house in spain and sold it, then everyone would have been paid off.

For those of you who might be interested please visit the website www.soha.es to see that im not alone in whats happened to those who bought in the same area as me. Im lost for words now, but thank you again for your support when ive felt so low.
pix1 Posted - 15 November 2008 : 17:10:40
Useful,

Don't worry. That is the important thing. If you feel unwell you could ask the OR's office to reschedule the telephone interview for a few days later. They are flexible. If you go ahead, though, just don't worry. As to the missing information about the property transaction that sohuld not be a problem. The key thing is to make sure you declare it. Any detail - a phone number for someone involved or whatever - will be enough for the OR to investigate. Just be upfront. Remember, bankruptcy is your civil right. The examiner will not be nasty but will be reassuring. The only thing they don't like is if people hold back information in order to protect assets or whatever. Just be upfront. Search this forum for stories of loads of people who were apprehensive prior to their OR interviews and then, once it took place, they felt much better. Mine was alright. I have just been discharged after 9 months! You will be able to celebrate one day and, like me, learn from it and don't make the same mistakes again. The important things for you to read up on are: bankryptcy restrictions orders/undertakings (I believe only 2% of BR's get them), nil tax codes, income payment orders, anything to do with property (but I gather you are renting so this should not be a problem) and assets such as cars (you can only keep one up to the value of about £2500).

Good luck and don't worry.
Skippy Posted - 15 November 2008 : 16:58:51
I know you're going to worry whatever we say, but please try not to panic. The examiner is human, and if you can't remember something they will understand.

The best advice I was given was answer the questions honestly (I'm not saying you wouldn't!), if you don't know or can't remember something say so, and don't over elaborate your answers - answer what you are asked and don't feel you have to fill any silences. I found that hard as I talk a lot when I'm nervous!

I hope you're feeling better soon, and I'll be thinking about you on Wednesday morning. Once you get Wednesday out of the way you can really start your debt free life.

Good luck, and please don't feel you're troubling people by posting - that's what the forum's for xxx

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend Posted - 15 November 2008 : 15:56:31
Hey Useful

You are in a bad way, poor you :-(

Dont worry about the call from the OR, just be honest as you have said on here, if you cant remember something or dont have something just tell them. They want scald you because of it.

I wish i could be there as your support for your interview but i cant. I know its easy for me to say but please please dont worry, your not well and so things seem much much worse.

It will all be ok honestly.

Now take care, dont think about it, you need to rest, you know where i am and the others if you need me.

If you ever want a chat ask admin or the helpine for a direct number and i dare say i can get a call to you.

Take care my friend.

Jo
x

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Jo's Links and added info on Bankruptcy!
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page