Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 hi, does anyone actually regret going bankrupt,

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
givemestrength Posted - 11 January 2009 : 23:47:55
hi, does anyone actually regret going bankrupt, and has anyone had a really bad experience of it, thanks v much .
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CMJ Posted - 14 January 2009 : 14:43:56
Hi,

I know how you feel somedays are awful but, myself and my husband went BR in Nov, best move ever. We have just had xmas 1st ever where everything paid for cash!!! Great feeling.
We are in the process of buying our BI in house as we are in negative equity, we're able to keep our car as leasehold company had no problem with that, and we need it for work.
My only regret as many others wish we'd done it sooner as last year was a nightmare sleepless nights , in the end I was on anti depressants , however am off them now and for the 1st time in ages actually positive about the future, go for it !

Any worries post on this site, it has been a godsend for me, I have had some brilliant advice and support from here.

Hope all goes well for you.

Michelle

kirsty69 Posted - 14 January 2009 : 14:23:03
No I dont regret it. I cant say it affected me as much as some of the other members. I am not a home owner so that wasnt an issue, and our car is preowned and not worth a great deal, but like so many others i was a compulsive buyer and while I could get credit cards and loans, I was determined to keep buying. Not even things I needed, clothes, toys for my son etc.
If I say that Ive noticed a huge change in my way of life then I would be lying because we got in so much mess with our utility bills as well so still paying them off, but I have definately learnt to live to my meand and we are planning to pay for a holiday this year (only to Devon- no where too exotic) with our own money and Ive got to say that feels good.
i hope everything works out!

Needafriend Posted - 13 January 2009 : 12:31:48
Hi Indy

We to are still with our original OR and have not gone over to the RTLU yet. When i spoke to them the other day re the BI they told me they were still waiting for other info to come in so that may be why ours has not progressed any further.

TBH i dont care about the ED if we did or did not get one, i am just happy to be free from the blasted creditors, i want to get the house sorted out and today i have posted of my valuations etc to them via recorded post so that i know they have it.

It will be a waiting game now and see what value they come up with as we think from our new valuations we are in neg equity but we will have to wait for the OR to do their valuation and take it from there.

Let us know how you get on with yours.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

Just always remember one thing, Your not alone, your not the first and you wont be the last.

23 Weeks down

29 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help with filling out the forms, I&E, Car Valuations, etc, etc, you can read my blog here called:~ Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
indy2005 Posted - 13 January 2009 : 12:24:43
Hi,

I have heard nothing, discharge in mid May. IPA just starting at end of Jan, so perhaps things are moving closer now.

I withdrew my equity out of the house two years ago to pay off some of my debts, and had a declaration of trust drawn up to state that the remaining equity is my wifes. I am in limbo waiting to see if they challenge this, or decide to work out if there is any BI based on my mortgage contributions.

I dont even have a trustee or OR assigned to me yet, but believe I am to be dealt with by the RTLU (at some point).

I expect to be called in to face a BRO (gambling), but as of yet have heard nothing.

Regards

i
Needafriend Posted - 13 January 2009 : 10:54:40
Hi Indy

What is it you have left to deal with about your house now, are you in limbo like me.

I am about to post off valuations etc to try and buy the BI now. Fingers crossed and all that.

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

Just always remember one thing, Your not alone, your not the first and you wont be the last.

23 Weeks down

29 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help with filling out the forms, I&E, Car Valuations, etc, etc, you can read my blog here called:~ Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)

indy2005 Posted - 13 January 2009 : 09:31:03
So far so good...discharge in May. Lets see if I get a BRO, or if they go after the house (Brett seems to think they wont).

I may regret it longer term if it affects my ability to get a job in the corporate environment (I dont think I will ever get employed by a Bank).
movin on Posted - 12 January 2009 : 20:21:41

Hi

I DO NOT regret it at all....Im a very impulsive person, and as soon as my mind has been made up i want it to happen

From deciding to actually being declared was 1 month - and that was only because of the local county court waiting list.

Jenny

xx

Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

From "Moneyworries" to "Movin On" in 3 months is fantastic :-))

xx
givemestrength Posted - 12 January 2009 : 17:59:10
thanks,that makes great sense to me antp. i know its the right thing to do if only to save my sanity,thankyou everyone.
antp Posted - 12 January 2009 : 17:49:05
the things i regret about the going BR - like some others on here are:

1 the reasons i had to turn to it

2 the length of time i thought about it before i did it

3 the money i wasted before #2 above.

some reasons why i DONT regret it...

A sleep better

B bit more to look forward to

C completely fresh start

the only bad experience i can think of is that when i'd actually turned up at the court and did it that i went through the stages of relief and then got mad at myself for the reasons in #2 above.

anyone wanting to do it... as soon as you have decided make the appointment.
joella68 Posted - 12 January 2009 : 16:31:54
nope no regrets at all but then its only 6 hours ha ha ha !
but seriously i understand the doubts, i never doubted that BR WAS the right option for us just had lods of questions that i needed to get straight in our heads, thing like are we in big trouble, are we frausters or criminals etc, i think its very easy to beat yourself up too !!!! ok we were stupid but honestly thought we could cope with all the credit cards and loans......used to say to each other " well we work very hard, why cant we have what we want " i guess now in hindsight, we tried to run before we could walk, we always just took the credit with the intention of never struggling to pay it back, i think in a strange way its the best thing that could happen to us ;-)

jo

moving forward to new beginnings
givemestrength Posted - 12 January 2009 : 15:00:21
thanks jo and everyone else, yes i,ll keep you,s up to date,so glad i found this site. thanks v much
Needafriend Posted - 12 January 2009 : 14:47:39
GMS

Get him to read some of my blog the beginning i wrote how i felt and how we have got through it.

Maybe that will help. There are so many of us now going down that road so tell him there is no stigma now, there is nothing to be scared off and it will give you a life again.

LOL and let us know how it all goes

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

23 Weeks down

29 to go

givemestrength Posted - 12 January 2009 : 14:32:44
hopefully the beginning of next month if weve got the fee together thats when im looking to do it, i'll have to get hubby to read some of the posts on here to see how positive people are about BR. he attended court when he got his ccj and this has scarred him said he was treated like a little schoolboy bless him he's canny.
Needafriend Posted - 12 January 2009 : 13:39:28
Hi GMS

What a right pain in the rear for you today. I know how you feel about the good and the bad days, we all go through the what ifs and should i, but i know that once you have done it you wont regret it and you will have a new lease of life.

I hope things get sorted out for you and the sooner the better.

LOL

Jo
x

Needafriend says:

23 Weeks down

29 to go

givemestrength Posted - 12 January 2009 : 13:30:24
thanks everyone you are all making me feel more positive,having a very bad day so far just had my bank on phone about someone using my bank card fraudently good job there isnt much in. tax credit went in today and thats gone till they sort it, so im sitting feeling sorry for myself wouldn't care ive just opened a new account for after BR but hadn't transfered payments over yet,what next.anyway thankyou .

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page