Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Any advice pls..IVA failed, going bankrupt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Overspent Posted - 30 June 2009 : 20:47:29
Hi there, due to losing my job twice in a year, our interlocked IVA is in breach and we are just awaiting the failure confirmation. We have booked a date for BR for 20 July. As a result of IVA breach our creditors have been informed and we are currently being hounded by Egg, and have just received a letter from their solicitors saying to settle debt in 10 days (which will be 6 July) or they will proceed with a claim, resulting in a ccj and incurring us with the cost of doing so...........will they have enough time to get this through before we go BR. Any advice is most appreciated....this additional worry on top of the BR and trying to find a job so we can pay mortgage (in neg equity) is the last thing we need...we tried to do the right thing with IVA, which was as a resulted of redundancies and severe drops in income, and since IVA, the pattern has repeated...just hoping the 20 July is the start of a brighter and more positive future....sorry for going on everyone but know you all understand as have been or going through it with us.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Suzanne Posted - 01 July 2009 : 09:58:33
Hi overspent

Don't worry about Egg, whatever they can do in the next 3 weeks is not going to effect you in the long term, as it would be cancelled out by the bankruptcy.

Any CCJ, attachment of earnings etc can cancelled/removed on the making of the bankruptcy order.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page