Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Has anyone had gifts or contingency allowed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 12:01:23
Hi all,

Just juggling our I&E again and wondering if anyone's had gifts or a contingency fund allowed by the OR?

I keep hearing recently that they're generally not being allowed, but does anyone elsehave experience that shows otherwise?

Thanks,

CG. x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BankruptC Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:15:57
Yeah, 'fraid so...

Although I'm not 100% sure on what mine will be till I get paid on 20th Sept cos I go back to work on Mon part time (previously been full time), but I think if anything I may get £20 or so MORE than I've accounted for! Grrr...

I had forgotten to put my union subs on and so DI's down to £50 now.

Hmmm... Takes some thinking about!

CG. x
John Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:05:45
Hi
CG

what about declared income?
Re both your monthly salaries constant?

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 09:37:42
Good luck CG

You will be fine. Getting the I&E right is a nightmare.
Take care
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 23:57:47
Hi again,

It's down to £70 but I'm SURE the OR will disallow things just to get to the magic £99...

John Posted - 30 August 2008 : 23:53:45
Hi CG

so where does that leave the DI fugure now?

0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 23:52:37
Yeah, we do have contents insurance-already included.

Hmmm...not sure I can think of much more to include! We've got dentist, optician and prescriptions etc...

Petrol's high at £367-hope that's allowed. Then we have another £57 for my travel as I don't drive or have a car, so I get the bus.

Think we may have exhausted all possibilities...
John Posted - 30 August 2008 : 23:43:27
Hi CG

£390 is fine and I would definately try the union fees.

Also, do you have contents insurance?
You could always take this out if you haven't already (then cancel in a few months)

0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:20:59
Oops, didn't mean to kiss you twice!

Tee hee.

CG. x
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:19:53
Thanks John, I'll do that! We've got £390 for housekeeping (me, ian and little one who's 2). Is that ok?

And finally what about union fees?

CG. x

CG. x
John Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:17:39
Hi
every pound counts so I would raise it to £40 and I'm not up with the new road tax charges but can you really get 12 months tax on your car for £144 a year? (12 X £12).

Mine's £200, I pay 6 monthly, and its a middle of the range engine size pre 2001 so not subject to the new arrangements.

Pet food // Pet insurance // raise the holiday from £60 to £65??? As I say, every penny counts!!!

0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:06:06
Thanks again John,

Did you mean £100 for all those things together then? We have ins: £56, tax: £12, RAC etc: £15 and spares/servicing: £30 which takes it to £113. Is that ok or too high? Or did you mean more for the spares/servicing part?

CG. x
John Posted - 30 August 2008 : 21:59:36
Hi
your fuel costs should be listed under travel expense.

Your insurance, road tax, servicing, repairs & maintenance, tyres, pre MoT, MoT test, AA / RAC contributions should all be totalled under vehicle costs. Remember an IPA lasts for 3 years if you get one. How many sets of tyres does that equate to based on your annual mileage?

I think your £30 figure should be at least £60 or even higher (perhaps even £100). The older the car and the higher the annual mileage for essential journeys then the higher your fuel cost and the higher the tyre, servicing and repair costs.

0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 14:11:03
Hi John,

Unfortunately I've already taken CB off...

OK so I'll add RAC or AA etc. What about my union fees?

Also, how much do you think is acceptable for car sparesand servicing? I think I've got around 30?

CG. x

Thanks for your help again by the way, especially on a Saturday! You're such a star!
John Posted - 30 August 2008 : 14:06:58
Hi
AA and or RAC membership is accepted but still only £10 to £15 per month I would guess.

From one of your earlier posts am I right in thinking that your DI figure includes income from your child benefit?

If it is you should leave it in but the OR will deduct this amount putting you further into negative DI..

0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 14:01:03
Thanks once again John,

I've tried and tried and think I'm already chancing my arm with SO MANY of the items on the list! Not sure where else I can 'pad it out', unless they would allow us to NOW start paying into a union (more important now I'm part time but could never afford it before) and a car breakdown service (had it included with our barclays account which of course will now be frozen). Worth a shot or will it be frowned on to take these things out now?

CG. x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page