Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Spouses income

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grantspants Posted - 30 August 2008 : 21:39:39
Hello all

I was just wondering, does the OR have the ability to look into husband/wifes employment and income (they aren't the ones going BR)?

I know how much my wife contributes and it is quite low for various reasons, can they question that and ask for more from her wages?

ta much...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:48:22
Hi Grantspants,

I went BR on Monday the 4th, had a call from the ORs office on Friday the 8th to arrange the main interview and had my main interview on Tuesday the 12th.
So all in all 8 days.
Each office is slightly different but again its how busy they are. There is no set pattern but try not to worry it will all be over and done with soon and then you can get on with your debt free life.
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
grantspants Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:21:30
Thank you again all

My confusion has calmed down now, must have been a short episode!

It all hinges now on how long between BR date and OR interview, but I looked at skippys blog and it was around 11 days and I have around 5 weeks if I actually go BR on friday 5th Sept for example.

So thats the plan, thank you all for your help and kindness, it makes me feel Britain still has some good left in it, amid all the other chaos

Its gonna be a day of paperwork for me now, but I will be popping on here if I get stuck...highly likely
BankruptC Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:10:39
Thanks for clearing that up for grantspants John. He was feeling confused last night and I didn't know how to help him anymore!

I hope things are clearer for you this morning grantspants.

Take care.

CG. x
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:10:01
Hi Grantspants,

I just wanted to say "GOOD LUCK".

Keep on smiling :)

JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
grantspants Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:08:21
Hi John,

Yeah thats what I thought too, there would be no reason to contact the landlord, although in life unreasonable people do exist.

But thanks for that, I think that just confirms to me that its my best way to do it. Hopefully everything will run smoothly.

cheers John
John Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:01:39
Hi you two
if you go BR at your present address and do not intend to move into your rental until after your OR meeting I can see no logical reason why, when you inform the OR of your change of address, that he would contact the landlord.

I would ring the court and ask how long between BR and OR appointments. As CG says it's different from area to area and also depends on workload but the information would help with getting the timing of the process to your best advantage.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:39:42
Haha I promise I won't forget!!

Enjoy the madras (too hot for me-I'm only a korma girl!)

Get some rest and switch off for a while.

Take care,

CG. x
grantspants Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:37:15
thanks C.G i'm off for a while to chill out and try and think of something else.

I might be back later or tomorrow, so have a good evening and don't forget to brush your teeth now you've had a curry for tea tonight! haha.

I'm gonna have a madras tomorrow night with my wifes money as I've ran out, she doesn't know yet though!

thanks again
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:32:35
Hahaha I thought that really was the number till I looked more closely! I really think it's worth doing. It might just put your mind at rest and things may fall into place.

Hopefully John will let you know about the chance of the OR getting in touch with the landlord when you do eventually move in, cos if it's likely, again, that might make up your mind for you.

Really sorry I can't be more helpful! At least when you've heard from John or another expert about that you'll have a clearish picture of the pros and cons. Guess it has to be up to you then to make the decision. Sorry!

We're here whenever you need to sound off or bounce your ideas off us!

CG. x
grantspants Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:26:33
haha okey dokey, the phone number is 1234 567890

what a life, need to re-evaluate my strategy now....

cheers anyhow C.G and john
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:24:43
Get someone else to do it for you! Gosh, I'll be doing it for you at this rate!! Hahaha!

CG. x
grantspants Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:23:46
No because I've kinda got on first name terms with the girl who deals with most of the lettings in there, and if I ask now it looks a bit suss doesn't it?

BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:22:11
Have you spoken to the letting agent anonymously andasked if there's even a BR clause in the tenancy agreement??

CG. x
grantspants Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:19:30
Don't worry C.G I appreciate your opinion and help

I just don't know what to do for the best, don't wanna lose the rented house because my wife loves the place and I think we'll be happy there for a few years.

I just don't know what to do for the best....god its tough.

Thank you too John. My wife is actually a chinese national and we travel over there every year to visit family etc so she needs to save for that as well.

I had it all set in my mind, but now I just don't now what to do for the best....
BankruptC Posted - 30 August 2008 : 22:17:28
Another thing is you have to inform the OR if your circumstances change, so you'd have to tell them when you move into your rented place.

John, would the OR want to contact the landlord then, or would they not need to at that stage?

CG. x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page