Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 potential to be prosecuted for fraud?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew.m Posted - 30 August 2008 : 19:31:29
to re-iterate a previous post:
with regard to credit prior to BR, i have used me cards this month to purchase mobile phones (i trade on ebay,2nd job), i was in hospital at the beginning of the week with pancreatitis (sic) and the doctor told me i had to quit my secong job (ebay) as i was to have no stress, this income paid my CC debts and as i mentioned earlier i will now have to seriously consider BRcould i be prosecuted for fraud?will a BRO be more likely and how long will it last
as i stated i was not aware i was hospital bound.
thanks for all your time, i am eternally gratefull.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 12 September 2008 : 12:32:07
Hi Andrew,

Apologies. I wasn't implying that you do not intend to cooperate ... I was just illustrating that the OR is not as "toothless" as some may think.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
andrew.m Posted - 12 September 2008 : 12:15:37
julian,
i think you have misunderstood me, i intend to co-operate to the best of my ability
JulianDonnelly Posted - 12 September 2008 : 12:00:05
Hi Andrew,

That's as maybe, but they'll go to court to get what they want soon enough if you don't play ball.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
andrew.m Posted - 31 August 2008 : 21:44:08
as melanie giles states, they are quite toothless in affect
John Posted - 31 August 2008 : 19:34:01
Hi
Wendy
if you've used them in order to eat etc, and in small sums, I wouldn't worry at all.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 17:52:51
Hi Wendy
As Andrew says there are other posts but dont panic an BRU or BRO are not as bad as you think.
Have a read through the replies from this month and hopefully it will answer your question if not write in this or do another post and we will clarify for you.
Take care
Jo

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
andrew.m Posted - 31 August 2008 : 16:48:07
read the earlier posts the guys all reassured me not to worry and i urge you to.
wendy.h Posted - 31 August 2008 : 16:36:27
What is a BRU? I am waiting for OR interview on 10th Sept, I have definately used ccs to live the month before bankruptcy. Not for huge amounts. Will I be prosecuted. Help!!!
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:45:08
Go for it. LOL

I hope everything works out for you. I always say "There is light at the end of the tunnel" and i should know my light is getting brighter. I still have a long way to go and still so much to learn but you will get there Andrew and your not alone, honestly.
We all have different amounts of debts, different circumstances but we all end up going the same way and that for me was the best decsion i have made in a long time. I know i dont regret it and if i get a BRU or BRO then i know it wont be a bad thing, as now i have a life again.
Keep smiling :)

Jo

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
andrew.m Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:39:11
i may see if NUFC want a loan to buy some players xx
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:12:54
Here here CG,

A BRU/BRO is a good thing in a way as none of us wnat credit again and if we are restricted then were not tempted.

Andrew:
You will be fine, be honest thats the best way, and like we have all said "you will be ok".
Just keep us posted. :)
Jo

BankruptC Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:08:08
Morning again you

Don't worry about the onesyou didn't keep-the OR will get what they need from the banks directly.

I see what you mean about maybe not having to present the ones from now asthey won't be outyet, but in all likelyhood the OR will see that the debt from the CC company is higher than you stated on the SoA (if it is), and ask you about it that way. If not, during interview they will definitely ask you when you last used the cards so will find out then. Sorry hon!

As Ian says, you really will be ok. I think we may well get a BRU too, but to be honest, we're not too worried if we do. It only lengthens the restrictions (we don't want credit for a LONG time anyway!) and luckily neither of our professions are affected by BR anyway so we're in the clear there too.

Take care and keep posting!

CG. x
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 10:06:12
Hi Andrew

Only if you have them. I sent mine of the OR's office when the bank issued them to me.
Dont worry if you dont have them like i have said if they want them and you dont have them as like so many of us we tend to either do the accounts on line or shred them, then the OR can request them.
Keep smiling.
Jo

andrew.m Posted - 31 August 2008 : 09:51:30
well i never kept them as i figured i wouldnt need them, what i meant is will they still request last weeks statements as in all likeliehood i will be BR before they are produced, yes, you are right life is too short, this has ruled my life for the last 4 years
Needafriend Posted - 31 August 2008 : 09:31:16
Hi Andrew

The OR may well ask for the whole 12 months worth. Its is better to keep these things and then you will have them if they ask otherwise they can still get them anyhow.
Im glad that your starting to get things sorted out, what date is your hearing.
Try not too worry as life is way too short, you cant turn back the clock, just go with the flow, be honest and like we have said the worst case would be a BRU/BRO but at least you will have your life back and a DEBT FREE LIFE.
Keep smiling :)
JO

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page