Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Personalised Number Plates

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashamed Posted - 31 August 2008 : 19:42:10
Any Ideas on what happens on these?

I have a plate on my car which was my husbands grandads and was brought by his nan in 1966 and was passed to his dad when his grandad died and he gave to my husband. We want to keep it for my eldest son as it is his intials and my husbands dad would go absolutely spare if we lost this.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 06 September 2008 : 13:56:46
Great advice as usual Jo.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Needafriend Posted - 05 September 2008 : 08:47:33
Hi HM

Thank you for your kind words about the BLOG.
I would leave the amount as is on the SoA £250 sounds good to me, hopefully your OR will allow a 3rd party to make the offer, well i offered but a 3rd party cheque will be sent to cover the amount agreed and then it will be yours to keep again.
Good luck HM

Keep Smiling
Jo :)

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
You can read my updated blog here:
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
harbourmaster Posted - 05 September 2008 : 08:39:55
Put mine on my SOA. Put it at £250. Do you think I should lower the price?
Seen th eblog Jo, very impressed :)
Needafriend Posted - 05 September 2008 : 07:17:57
Hi Ashamed

I have got a 3rd party to buy my plate now, they were glad we told them as we should have even though value only £250. They asked me to make an offer and i suggested £50 which was accepted.
I could not hide the fact I had the plate as it was in my old car things and like my OR said its is an ASSET and it had to be dealt with.
I dont want to scare you just telling you how we got on with our plate yesterday.
Good luck with yours.

Keep Smiling

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"
Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 21:13:21
Hi HM

Thanks i will leave it to the OR and see what they think they can get for it and if they quote me too much then they can have it.

Keep Smiling

harbourmaster Posted - 01 September 2008 : 20:10:20
If you go to regtransfers.co.uk they will send you a value for your number plate.Dont know if this will be any good with the OR (one of the experts may be able to say) but at least it will give you an idea as to how much it is worth. My old company has 4 plates on thier website for sale at the moment. They have been told they are worth £250 each but are for sale on the site at £750 each. Not bad profit if you can get it!!!!
Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 19:38:51
I dont really want it to go, but i have made so many sacrifices in order to go BR and now i just think what the hell if its got to go then its got to go, there is nothing i can do about it now.

Keep Smiling

Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 19:37:29
Hi Ann
I think i would be lucky to get £200 then that would be a push, i will add on the letter that its worth about £100 - £200 then see what happens or should i not put a value in at all.
What do you think?

Keep Smiling

ann.s Posted - 01 September 2008 : 19:33:20
I surpose I should, but as John said I'l not put a value down, as for your plate jo, I wouldn't dare put a value on it as it is personal to you, I know it would upset my hubby if he lost his as he's had it so long, it mean nothing A20FWS just his initials I know my dad wanted to buy my son one to match his dads it was A20CJS for 250 but just missed it (even though he's only 16) he just thought it would be nice for when he gets his first car.

Ann
Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 19:23:28
So Ann
Are you going to declare yours. Do you think mine is worth £1000's as i looked on the DVLA site and found one similar for the same price.

Keep Smiling

ann.s Posted - 01 September 2008 : 19:21:11
Hubby has one I bought it for him 12yrs ago it is only personal to him it dosn't spell anything, It's an old A plate we have just put it on him 18yr old car (so no one knows how old the car is!!!!) I work in the motor trade and have checked out the value and it's only worth about 250 as it dosn't mean anything, plates that have say numbers at the begining then letters or letters and then just numbers are worth alot more thousands, at the last DVLA auction two numbers and two letters went for twenty thousand.

Ann
Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 18:35:13
Hi Julian
I am going to write to the OR and mention about the plate when i send down my next letters to them as i do this on a weekly basis so that they have them for their files.
My mum paid for it about 4 or 5 years ago, so if they want it, but then offer it to me within reason i will get her to buy back, if they ask for too much they can keep it as mum said she can another one for the sam price on the DVLA website.
Thanks i will keep you posted.

Keep Smiling

Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 16:47:44
So Julian,
Should i write to them now or wait till i hear from them and mention it then.
Im not bothered if i lose it but i did not think it was of any real value and to be honest i forgot till it was mentioned on here.
JO

Keep Smiling

JulianDonnelly Posted - 01 September 2008 : 16:42:57
Hi Jo,

It would really depend on the current value. I would suggest being open with the OR as they will find out. However, I would suggest the value it too low for them to bother, but your cooperation will be looked upon favourably.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Needafriend Posted - 01 September 2008 : 08:24:43
Phew! John

As i have a personal plate, that cost my mum £250 4 or 5 years ago which is only personal to me as it goes along with my name J19 NYE.

It came of my Corsa in June as the car went back to the finance co and so is now on retention and waiting to go on a vehicle when we can as we only have the one and so my mum has offered to continue paying the £25 fee per year to keep it.

I like CG did not write it on as i never really considered it and as such a minimal amount which is only relevent to my name and my name is quite rare i did not think anything of it.

Should i inform the OR i have it, it will show at the DVLA on the details relating to the Corsa or just wait and see.

I was not trying to hide anything just really did not think about it, i was writing in things like house, car etc.

Please advise

JO

You can read my blog here:

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page