Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 went BR today, awful experience

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 13:19:13
sorry to be blunt but the judge was a right old swine, he treated me as if i had just slid off his shoe, up until that everyone else was nice and kind!
i put some money into my partners property around 8 years ago, the mortgage was in her name and i helped with the renovation costs, it seemed the right thing to do as we had a daughter, he implied i should see a solicitor to recoup my investment and pay back some of my creditors, at the time if i sued my partner it would have left her and my daughter homeless, i couldnt exactly see BR coming 8 years in the future, if the OR asks me to see a solicitor am i within my rights to refuse?
my ex would cut my access to my daughter if i pursued this avenue!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 17 September 2008 : 16:19:35
Hi Andrew,

The five year rule relates to property transactions in order to stop people gifting their property to a 3rd party knowing they're going BR.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 22:27:34
as i understand it it pertains to transactions that can be called in to pay back creditors, i think
got there Posted - 16 September 2008 : 17:51:43
Hope you are feeling better now andrew what is the 5 year rule?
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 17:12:10
Hi Andrew

And i would like to say that your more than welcome, i love giving up my time to help others as i have and am still in the same situation.

I still have a long road to travel but im getting there and as i have said before maybe its the nursee side of me that likes to be able to offer a shoulder and lend an ear.

Good luck to you.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:54:37
I know Andrew not long now eh, just take it easy ok.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:52:05
its a strange thing worry isnt it? i just spoke to suzanne and she she seems to think it wont even cross their radad, i just went it all done and out of the way
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:41:51
Hey Andrew

I have no idea. try not to worry yourself over it. When you speak to the OR explain it all and ask them then what the state of play may be.
Enjoy the day as you are now debt free and you should not be worrying, cross that bridge when you come to it.

Jo x

andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:39:27
i cant honestly see why they would want to contact her, would it not cost more to pursue the 4.5k than the actual amount
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:32:57
Hey Andrew

I dont know what to suggest, do you want to tell her rather than her find out another way. She may not get told by the OR.

I feel for you i really do if going to court to do the BR is not bad enough then you get this trown at you.

Jo x

andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:31:22
no, it sold about 3 years ago, she doesnt know i went BR
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:20:01
Andrew,

Does you ex know you went BR.
Is that why your paniking, i dont think they would force her to cough up any monies, like Suzanne has said they will look into it and they may well contact to ask but if they dont have the money they can have it.
Do you have a vested interest in the house still?

Jo x

andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:17:02
im still in a total panic if the OR contacts my ex as she will hit the roof and stop me seeing my daughter
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:02:08
Oh Andrew

Never mind at least you can explain to the OR when you have your interview, now go and enjoy the start of your new debt free life.
:-)

Jo x

andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:01:54
skulks away and hides, if i had 50k i would have bought my own house
andrew.m Posted - 16 September 2008 : 14:00:38
hi suzanne,
as i said it was only 4.5k and that was my only contribution, i have just looked over my papers and there has been a typo, thats what caused the judge to question me.
i had put 45 to 50000 on improvemnts in under 2 years, i had missed the . and added a zero, i have just rang the court up and they told me not to panic but tell the OR in our initial meeting, what a knob i am!!!

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page