Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 BR Forms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
movin on Posted - 22 September 2008 : 21:40:07
Oh my god....just started to work through my br forms online, luckily i can save them - im struggling with a few things and may be postiing quite anumber of questions!!

First of all i will let you know my husband is self employed and i dont work (look after the children), therefore all income details i understand are my husbands - it just feels very strange that im filling all his details in when im the one going BR!!??!!

Anyway....Hope someone can help

Section 3 - Fixtures and Fittings - what do i put here ?

Section 4 - secured creditors - we have a joint mortgage and a top up loan with the same company - do i put total amount outstanding as i see it on credit file ?

Section 4 - Unsecured creditors - do i put down overpayment of tax credits here?

Section 5 - Bank Account and Credit Cards - Do i put these down again as i have already put a few down in the unsecured creditors section?

Section 7 - Employment and present income - Is this where i fill my hubbys details in again?

Section 9 - Disposed properties - we moved almost 3 years ago so do i put who we sold it to at the time ?

Think thats about it for now, but any advice is better than none

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
got there Posted - 04 October 2008 : 19:34:24
I have completed mine 99% just havent saved I&E as completed scared to submit it this early on - 2 weeks to go in case my gas and elec go up which i have a letter saying they did from sept 1st but had no increased figure as yet lol. good luck with your MW x
movin on Posted - 24 September 2008 : 22:01:22
Well i have now completed 98% of my form.....just needing to confirm the date i left my last job and the tax reference then form is all complete.

Will gather all paperwork etc together and then take a breather for a couple of weeks

Many thanks

Jenny

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
John Posted - 24 September 2008 : 21:54:55
Hi
yes that's fine.
Child benefit must be listed but is not taken into conideration as income when IPA's are considered so that reduces the possibility even further.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
movin on Posted - 24 September 2008 : 20:21:25
Another query - sorry to mither

total outgoings are 2589.58 pm

child benefit and child tax credits are £300 pm

Therefore should hubby be putting £2210 pm

John Posted - 24 September 2008 : 14:40:49
Hi Jenny
glad to be of help.

0800 078 9367
movin on Posted - 24 September 2008 : 13:52:48
To John

I would really like to thank you for all your help and guidance these past few days. I am grateful for experts like yourself that come here and advise in your own time and all hours of the day and night!!

Once again i cannot thank you enough, but will no doubt have a few last minute panics before the day and will be posting for a while to come.

Jenny

Skippy Posted - 23 September 2008 : 22:03:59
I know it's easy for me to say but don't be scared - the OR is human and realises that things have gone up and people are finding it hard.

I think the main thing is to be able to justify your expenses. For example I had a higher than normal housekeeping allowance - I put down £350 for 2 people (this was 18 months ago). The OR didn't question it, but if she had I could explain that I can't have many dairy products, and soya milk etc is more expensive than 'normal' food.

I reduced the tariff on my mobile quite happily as I was paying over the odds for something I hardly used!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
movin on Posted - 23 September 2008 : 21:30:59
I think he can reclaim some back, but may need to speak with the accountant first.

I will make sure i have the yearly water bills to hand when i meet with or have an interview with the or - must admit it doubled from our last house with not much difference in size !!

Didnt think of changing tariff, but will try that first and if i fail will just give it up - im certainly not going to cause any problems for myself by getting into troule with the or - im scared as it is!

Skippy Posted - 23 September 2008 : 21:25:35
I understand now! Can your hubby reclaim the cost of the calls from his company?

If that's what the water rates are then that's what they are so I can't see the OR having a problem.

You might not be allowed to keep the mobile - I was lucky and kept mine, but some people have them disallowed and have to go to pay as you go. The contract is then included in BR. Could you change tariff so it's lower and the OR might be ok?

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

movin on Posted - 23 September 2008 : 21:09:56
Hi Skippy

I would like to explain why the telephone may seem high to yourself. It is a broadband and phone package, however because my hubby uses business calls also i can see why it seems high (i have just paid £68 to Virgin for 1 month)

I can prove my water bills are that amount due to the years bill i get that explains how much per month i will be paying dd, so do you think they still wont allow it ?

I will certainly be getting a prepay certificate

Finally my mobile bill is on a contract for another 10 months (it was an 18 month contract) and thats how much it normally comes out at - i obviously have no problems giving this phone up and sorting out a pay as you go for alot less each month

Thank you very much for your honest opinion. X

Skippy Posted - 23 September 2008 : 20:30:31
A couple of things jump out at me Moneyworries:

Telephone seems very high at £67
Water seems quite high at £55
Prescriptions - if you need regular prescriptions it works out cheaper to get a prepaid certificate, and the OR will probably expect you to do so.
Mobile seems very high at £50

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure one of the experts will be along to help you soon x

movin on Posted - 23 September 2008 : 16:32:11
To John

If you could take a peek at this when you have some spare time, i would really be grateful

movin on Posted - 23 September 2008 : 12:42:10
Revised list....fingers crossed i actually managed to get them right this time

Reason i have taken petrol off etc is because the vehicles belong to my husband therefore he will be responsible for them - i think ??

Im sure someone will let me know if im wrong

movin on Posted - 23 September 2008 : 12:32:58
John

Thanks so much for all the advice you have given to me - its alot more clear to me now.

John Posted - 22 September 2008 : 23:02:05
Hi
it doesn't matter which account the bills come out of. As long as they are for the household as a whole you should list them. Basically, once you've worked out what your legitimate expenditures are and thats what your husbands contribution should be.
Then you won't get an IPA which you shouldn't as he should not pay from his disposable income towards what are your debts. Get the expenditures right THEN enter his contributions to match that total income figure.

0800 078 9367

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page