Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 section 7 on the SoA ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
digman Posted - 21 September 2008 : 21:39:08
Hi all , My question is re section 7 on the SoA .. outgoings .

My wife and myself are going BR soon and are filling the forms in ( not online ) . In the outgoings section do i put mine in and my wife put hers in or is it the Household outgings ? as i pay some bills and she pays the others ?

Also If its the household outgoings ( for 2 adults and 3 kids ( 17 / 9 / 4 )) would these sort of things be put in the < other essential payments > ;-

home insurance £12
TV licence £12
Life ins £26
car ins £20
scooter ins £10
union £5
hairdressing £10
dentist £10
school trips £10
medical/prescriptions £7
internet £21
entertainment £25

this is all our monthly stuff as a household together with the other things that have specific headings on the SoA

total outgoings £2330
total income my wage £1600 approx
wifes wage £560 approx
child benefit £170

total £2330

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 19:28:01
Thanks Nat for your reply . We are not to far from each other as the crow flies , we are nr Hull .
I have took on board yours and others suggestions and have amended accordingly . Final I&E ( hopefully ) is on the thread title ' Good luck for tomorrow Digman '
Thanks for your good wishes Nat , Hope all going ok for you ,

Andy
Nat Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:53:38
Hiya
firstly good luck for tomorrow!!!
Just had a look at your I&E and thought that i would let you know some of the things that i put down on mine, and were accepted (it's just me and 2 children aged 11, twins)
Food/cleaning £398
Hairdressing £30
Clothing £75
My broadband, dentist (only as private) had to come out of DI, not that i had any but have excess in CB and Maintenance which is not included in I&E
Kids expenses such as extra curricular activites, school trips have to come out of any CB or maintenance.
Thought that it might help you a bit, don't be afraid to put more down for clothing and hairdressing is what i'm saying basically there's no way i could manage with £20 a month for hairdressing as son needs his hair cutting at least once a month and i £9 a time. I know prices do vary but have to say hairdressing in lincoln is expensive, I have friends who are from other areas and wait to have their hair done when they go back!!!
Needafriend Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:41:35
Got it!

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:39:08
Email sent Jo , thanks
digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:37:38
Sorry Jo , bit of cross posting going on i think !! lol . Our gas & electric are a combined account and therefore a combined DD of £110 . Was £98 up until last night but when i rang them to query why the DD had not been taken they wanted to put it up to £144 to which i objected and they agreed on £110
Needafriend Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:36:56
Hi Digman

Email me a home number as per my email address and i can advise what we did.

But if you dont we both went BR. No i dont have actual figures from the OR just what they told me over the phone not complete.

I am just trying to figure out all of what they allowed.

The only IPA we had given to us was the NT Tax code one. We did not have enough DI to go onto an ordinary one.

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:34:24
Thank you again Jo . Please forgive me for asking Jo , and feel free not to answer , but did you get an IPA ? Are the figures you put down on I&E on your blog ? Although saying that , it was just you who went BR if im not mistaken and not your OH ?

Andy
Needafriend Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:34:08
We do pay £80 per month on the gas and electric each so we were not far out.

Food and cleaning we had £534 for 5

Jo x

Needafriend Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:32:59
Dont list internet seperately they wont allow that but if you add into your phone charges you should be ok.
We were allowed £75 each on gas and electric.

Your travel for fuel you could go up a bit better to add more than less.

We put £90.

Jo x

Needafriend Posted - 02 October 2008 : 14:27:01
Hi Digman

From what i can see it all looks fine.

We are a family of 5 and our OR allowed us 155 for clothing.

Jo x

digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 12:08:40
Sorry should have said its for family of 5 ( 2 adults 3 kids ( 17 / 10 / 4 ) )
digman Posted - 02 October 2008 : 12:06:16
Hi all ,

These are my final figures for SoA . Anybody got any thoughts please ;-

Mortgage / secured loan £571 + £575
gas / electric £110
water £32.60
council tax £96
british gas service contract £17
Food / cleaning £440
travel expenses ( petrol ) £60
clothing £80
phone £46 (18 landline 10 pay as u go 18 contract )
internet £19
scooter finance £56 ( 7 payments left out of 30 )
scooter insurance £9
scooter tax £1.50
car insurance £20
car tax £16
repairs / mot / servicing £35
home insurance £12
life insurance £26
tv licence £12
hairdressing £20
dentist £12
modest uk break £40

total £ 2306.10

income ;- £1580 my wages / £570 wife wages / £175.60 child benefit

Total £2325.6

surplus of approx £20

poopedmass Posted - 22 September 2008 : 14:13:24
We went bankrupt on the 17th september we dont see the OR until the 15th October by which time we will have beeen paid again, will they back date the payments or will it start the following month?? No idea how this works!!!
lou x
BankruptC Posted - 22 September 2008 : 11:12:23
Thanks for clarifying that John. As I keep saying (and you know too well from all my earlier questions!) I am no expert on the technicalities and can only give info as I understad it. I have read online and found it again last night that people have been refused BR if it would still mean they were insolvent afterwards. I'm really sorry if I misled in anything I said as that's the last thing I want to do.

Thanks again for clarifying it.

C. x
John Posted - 22 September 2008 : 07:19:36
Hi CG
I believe it is wrong, if that were the case what does one do unless your income matches your expenditure, someone in negative DI is just as insolvent, if not more so.When I declared BR it was immediately following the collapse of our business which meant we had no income whatsoever.

The point is that the OR has guidelines for allowances and if you happen to live well within those limits then good for you, the DI should then be yours and not paid into an IPA. In this way everyone is treated equally.

If everyone disclosed exactly what they spent i.e. one family of 4 survives on £300 per month housekeeping and another £600, should the 1st family then be penalised to the same degree?

That would make the application of IPA's totally unfair. Of course there will always be expenditures which fluctuate and are counted as personal to each case such as rent, council tax etc. But if £600 is allowable then no IPA, if £300 is actually spent then should this mean an IPA or £300 DI for the BR to direct where he/she chooses?

When undischarged but not in an IPA any salary increase will equal an IPA unless you get the expenditure figure at the right level from the outset. In this way it's dangerous to assume that as long as I&E are equal you will avoid an IPA. A salary increase could then potentially mean an IPA where it could have been legitimately avoided.

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page