Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Your thoughts please! A new name "Mother Hen"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Needafriend Posted - 03 October 2008 : 17:16:50
Hi all i know i have recently changed my name to Needafriend but it has been brought to my attention that a name Like "Mother Hen" would be more appropriate.

Before i asked admin about it i wanted to know is anyone else had anything thoughts on the new name.

Please comment.

Thanks

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Needafriend's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 04 October 2008 : 09:43:20
Thanks Nat

I am going too.

Take care.

Jo x
Mother Hen

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Nat Posted - 04 October 2008 : 09:23:42
HI Jo
Will do. Tuck yourself up and drinks loads!!
Nat
x
Needafriend Posted - 04 October 2008 : 09:10:41
Thanks Nat

I will do that get a messagae to admin although there is other trying to get admin to exchange emails so i dont know how long it will be.

Im full of cold today my head is in such pain, my sinuses are agony and i feel like poo.

Oh well at least im not being a nagging old cow today. Hubby can take on the kids needs for a change and give me a rest.

LOL

Jo x
Mother Hen

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

Nat Posted - 04 October 2008 : 07:40:16
Hi Jo

Sorry, only read your posts just now, no idea you were feeling so down. I have twins as well, mine are 11 and just started secondary school. I know what it's like not being able to do a job that you would really love to do. Up until the start of this year i was doing a job that i absolutely loved but i changed as being a single mum and managing the hours; they weren't particularly long, just awkward shifts, made it all so difficult. I don't mind the job that i do now, certainly don't love it though! Maybe you could look at doing something part time, it might not be a job that you would really want but it might perk you up being out and about and meet people and make friends. As good as a site is like this it's not the same as the "real thing" if you know what i mean.

If you want i could ask admin to give you my email address and we could swap numbers if you want.

take care
Nat
x

Needafriend Posted - 04 October 2008 : 07:09:30
Thanks MW and Tracy

I am feeling a little better today although i have a sore throat, blocked nose and a major headache. I think im coming down with one of the kids colds that they have kindly passed over to me.

That might explain why i felt so bad yesterday, i am going to try and spend a day in bed, let hubby look after the kids for a change.

I emailed admin to change me name but heard nothing as of yet, so watch this space.

I am sorry for ranting yesterday and Digman i want to thank you also for your kind words. As you all know i gave up my Nursing Career as the debts and homelife just did not work at the time and after i did my NVQ3 in Nursing Care in 2005 i have always wanted to "Make a difference" and even though im not learning now to be an RGN i am happy to give help to all that are on here.

It is my plesure as always to offer to assist where i can and to also learn new things to.

I know im not perfect no one is, im just so glad that i have my "Virtual Family" to keep me strong and give me a reason not to give up.

So to all of my extended family on this forum i want to say a

"Big Thank You"

LOL

Jo x
Mother Hen

tracy_b Posted - 03 October 2008 : 22:00:55
Hi Jo,
I think Mother Hen is a really good new name for you. I certainly look to you for help and guidence and isn't that what a mother hen does? Dont get too down youve been through a major life experience and come out the other side and still find time to help people. I'm having major wobbles about going BR next Thurs but i wouldn't have got this far without you lot.

Take care and change the name

Tracy x
movin on Posted - 03 October 2008 : 21:34:13
Well we certainly do not forget about you here - and i doubt that anybody will do at home. If he is anything like my hubby he never says what he thinks or feels - i always tell him hes bloody heartless !!

Things must be hard for the both of you at home with 3 children - we hardly even talk to each other some nights but unfortunately when you have children it always ends up like that.

If its something your really interested in doing then find out all the info and start leaving things lying around and talking about them more - you really should do something for you, no matter how little it is. I sound like a big expert on 'me time', but im certainly not that. I have just started a teaching assistant course and its what i have needed for a long time.

Ang get a padlock with sound proofing that may help when your in the bath ;-)

xx

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Needafriend Posted - 03 October 2008 : 21:08:01
Thanks Jenny

I will have to see what next year brings. Thanks for saying i should not apologise for being down.

I just feel anger i suppose, like its not fair, i have to be soooooo strong that everyone forgets about little ole me. :-(

I have done everything and i mean everything the bills, the forms, the BR and to be honest even after our holiday i feel exhausted.

I try and have peace at night, go up for a bath anything but im still bugged by them all.

Its not fair at all. Hubby i think keeps secrets from me and that i dont like. I want to think he is not but i cant help feeling that hes up to something not an affair just when he left me back in May its weird.

Oh well one day maybe one day i will be able to do something for me. :-)

Heres hoping :-)

LOL

Jo x
Mother Hen

movin on Posted - 03 October 2008 : 20:52:40
Jo

Please do not ever say you sorry for feeling down

You sound like your very busy with the children, my hubby is a twin and ive heard plenty of stories from when they were little and i can only say i think i understand how hard it is for you.

I have certainly come to the conclusion they are all the same - same as you i love my hubby to bits, however they really dont have a clue.

You can bend my ear anytime you like - its sometimes refreshing hearing other peoples worries or concerns.

Is there definitely no possibility of you workng next year - or maybe train to do something new....never say never Jo

XX

The weights are coming off my shoulders very slowly, but making such a big diference !!
Needafriend Posted - 03 October 2008 : 20:34:51
Hi thanks Jenny and EOT for the kind words.

My kids are 15 with learning difficulties and aspergors and twins nearly 9.

I dont like to moan, its only about every 2 to 3 months that things get to me, hubby whilst i love him just does not understand anything, he can be such a selfish twat and thats why i do this a lot as its my Job now and i love it, but i do forget about myself sometimes.

Dont get me wrong i dont 100% mind being at home but i want to go to work next year and i cant. Im stuck here, in these 4 walls no prospects, nothing.

Oh well sorry i dont mean to go on.:-(

Jo x
Mother Hen

movin on Posted - 03 October 2008 : 20:29:49
Hi Jo

Im not too bad thanks - however i really have to agree with Nat

You always come here and are so loyal to everyone so i think every now and again you should be a little selfish and think about 'you'

I understand what you mean about being home with the children. My hubby is self employed and i always have to work round him and make sure the kids and him are ok before i get to do anything for myself. Its really hard and they just dont know what its like being the stay at home person.

I have got to add that my hubby has been fab since i realised how much debt i was actually in. I cannot think of anything else apart from my BR so he has been doing almost everything.

How old are your children - mine are 5 & 7

Take care

Jenny

xx

end or teather Posted - 03 October 2008 : 20:29:01
Hi Needafriend

Go for it, the site needs someone like you, mother hen sounds good,

keep up the good work.
Needafriend Posted - 03 October 2008 : 20:18:05
Hi Nat

Im okish :-(

Just feeling a bit low, like s**t really. I am going through my "I have no life" phase again.

Its really depressing hubby goes to work has a social life, kids have school and their mates, what do i have. Yes i have this site and all my mates on here but its not the b****y same.

I feel so p****d of tonight. I could just pack my bags right now and just vanish, sod the lot of them.

Oh im sorry i am feeling sorry for myself, i would have started Year 2 this week and i wont be able to go back to uni as hubby wont try and adjust his job round me and the kids like i have always done for him. Asshole!!! He is.

Right thats my moan, time to be serious again and help others. No time to feel sorry for myself.

LOL

Mother Hen

Jo x

Nat Posted - 03 October 2008 : 19:42:54
I like it Jo and think that you should change your name. How are you? you're always asking others, just nice to know that you are okay too.

Nat
x
Needafriend Posted - 03 October 2008 : 18:39:55
Thanks Jenny

You ok?

Jo x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page