Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Wifes income

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grantspants Posted - 07 October 2008 : 16:10:33
Can Julian or any of the experts advise me please?

I'm now BR but my wife isn't. She hasn't contributed to my debt in any way. On the online forms, it asks for partners 'contribution', not earnings.
When I had my OR interview she asked what my wife earned, and I am keen to drag my wife into this as little as possible. We are newly married.
What can the OR do where my wifes income is concerned? Can they look into her earnings and things like that? My wife and I worked out what she could contribute, which wasn't a lot, but she has her own commitments. Can anyone tell me exactly what the OR's powers are regarding a BR's spouse and their income/contribution? And how do they enforce it?
I'm only asking because I want to know where I stand after we move into our new rented place and they start looking at possible IPA's etc.

Many thanks in advance (again)

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 09 October 2008 : 15:07:49
Hi GP

Yes its Cardiff and its freeeeeeeeeeee! well the service is as all your asking is some advice the call you will pay for the number is Tel: 02920 346530
Just ask for Suzanne

LOL

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
grantspants Posted - 09 October 2008 : 15:05:47
I'm wanting to call Suzanne, does anyone know which office I call? And also is it free advice? Pretty poor right now! haha

thanks
Needafriend Posted - 09 October 2008 : 06:52:20
Hi GP

Good luck with the packing and dont forget to try and get hold of Suzanne.

Let us know how it all goes :-)

LOL

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

grantspants Posted - 08 October 2008 : 21:24:27
thanks peeps

I will do that, maybe tomorrow. Also got the nightmare of packing and moving over the weekend

BankruptC Posted - 08 October 2008 : 21:16:00
Now that IS spooky! I was just coming to say EXACTLY the same thing about calling Suzanne!!

:-)

C. x
Needafriend Posted - 08 October 2008 : 21:14:12
Hi GP

Suzannes webpage to get a contact number is

http://www.jonesgiles.co.uk/

Good luck hope you get it sorted out

Jo x

Needafriend Posted - 08 October 2008 : 21:11:37
Hi GP

I think that really you should try and speak to John or Julian or even contact Suzanne via her helpline where she works at Melanie Giles.

I dont know what else to say as i cant see how they work it out, i think they try it on and see if they can get extras when clealy they have guidelines to follow.

Have a look at suzannes expert status and give her a call tom, i have before she is very helpful.

LOL

Jo x

grantspants Posted - 08 October 2008 : 20:42:40
Hi,
after all the replies I'm still none the wiser about what powers the OR has where my wife is concerned. It's all pretty confusing to me.
I mean, my wife hasn't done anything wrong, why should she have to pay for my mistakes?

WINCHESTER78 Posted - 08 October 2008 : 20:25:56
hi all.
Im looking to move in with my partner soon as stated in previous posts.My understanding is my 'partners' contribution is what she pays towards the outgoings of the house.This in her case is not alot due to the fact she has her own bills.What can the examiner do about it?They could take me to court if they dont believe me what little she contributes but the court would find I was telling the truth_any thoughts??
Needafriend Posted - 08 October 2008 : 07:19:52
Hey Nat

Your ex going BR and you not knowing when you were together then that is weird.
My OH when he left us back in May would have done it he said if we had not got back together as it was our only option and i would have known as letters would have come in about the BI in the house.
Thats so strange, lets hope then it does not come back and bite his arse.
LOL

Jo x

digman Posted - 07 October 2008 : 22:42:50
Hi ,

As i understand it if anyone in BR lies or deliberately tries to conceal things it is classed as Perjury and will result in Criminal prosecution .

Andy
BankruptC Posted - 07 October 2008 : 22:39:25
Night Night, Nat! Sleep tight! :-)

C. x
Nat Posted - 07 October 2008 : 22:33:41
Hi BC

That's my thoughts too, will keep you posted on what happens.

Bedtime now i think!!!

Nat
x
BankruptC Posted - 07 October 2008 : 22:31:06
I'm not sure about that one Nat, but I'd imagine if the authorities found out anytime that someone had acted fraudulently, they'd be able to take action.

C. x
Nat Posted - 07 October 2008 : 22:28:44
Yeah I know. Some other stuff has come to light as well don't want to say too much though, think the tax man may want to know never ind the OR!! If he has acted fraudently cn the OR do anything after he has been discharged?

Sorry to hijack the thread guys!

Nat
x

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page