Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 BR as from 10.05 Today!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tracy_b Posted - 09 October 2008 : 12:29:30
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your thoughts and kindness, i did feel that you were there with us today.

Well, got to court at 9.15 as requested, saw the clerk who went through all the SOA forms etc. I had made a couple of errors but this wasn't a problem. We signed and swore on the Bible and then handed over the money. We had 10 minutes to wait untill we could see the Judge by which time by knees were actually knocking together. What a let down though..... We walked in together the judge said Hello and then he said i declare you both BR and Thank you! We then left the room and waited for 10 minutes to get the certificates and were told that the OR office would phone us before 4pm today. We were then excused. Couldn't quite beleive how smoothly it all went, i was so worried that the Judge wouldn't let us go BR and that people would look at us as though we were bits of s...t. but everyone was so kind.
We now have to face the OR which i know will be a different kettle of fish so to speak.

Thanks again to all of you, i hope its ok to continue posting and helping wherever i can.

Tracy x
FREE AT LAST
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 09 October 2008 : 19:47:04
Hi Tracy

Enjoy your bath and make sure that you get your rest tonight. It hass been a bit of a whirlwind lately and now all of a sudden that part is over and its almost like, "is that it" but at least you are well on your way to your new debt free life.

Good luck

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
sleeplessnights Posted - 09 October 2008 : 18:55:13
Hi,
Well done, glad it all went OK for you

Matt
Nat Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:47:47
I hope you do relax. You'll feel so much better tomorrow.
Nat
x
tracy_b Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:44:00
My intention is to having a relaxing bath and an early night as didn't sleep at all last night. Dont really know how i feel at the moment but i think its relief. Thanks again for all your help.

TTFN
Tracy XX
Nat Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:41:01
Hi Tracy
I think we all feel like that at some point and just when you think it's ok something happens and you start worrying all over. Should have said before, that was really good of the examiner to understand your OH well-being.
You take care and try and relax tonight, the deed is now done the rest is just going through the motions.
Take care
Nat
x
tracy_b Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:31:55
Cheers Nat,
I dont think i could have done this without this forum. Not only with the forms etc but on a personal level as well. Its made a crappy experience a bit more bearable.
Tracy x
Nat Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:17:03
Hi Tracy

There's another thread on here somewhere explaing the examiner, OR thing. Basically, if i have it right the examiner does the interview and they will have an assistant that you speak to after, mine does. There is one OR who is responsible for the whole shebang in your area, so unlikely you'll speak to him/her. And they are all graded as well so depends on you rsituation who you get.

But don't worry at all, just have all your paperwork to hand and if you have any consolidation loans, try and remember how you spent the money as they are very likely to ask that. I completely fluffed on that on mine but all seemed fine.

Try not to get your knickers in a twist and we're all here for each other on here, so just say if you're at all worried.

Nat
x
tracy_b Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:12:11
Hi Nat,
Yes phone interview, he seemed really nice and when i said my hubby has depression and gets really anxious talking to people he said that he would asked me most questions and keep hubby questions to a maximum of 3. I thought that was very nice of him. He introduced himself as an examiner, dont know what the difference is? At least as you say it is only a week to get my knickers in a twist!!!!

Tracy X
Nat Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:06:56
Hi Tracy

That's good that you don't have too long to wait and worry about it!! Is it a telephone interview?

Nat
x
tracy_b Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:04:44
Hi,
Thanks to all for your comments and good wishes. Just call from OR office interview next Thursday 10am.
Tracy X
eamonn Posted - 09 October 2008 : 17:02:32
hi
glad it went well tracy and i hope monday will be good for moneyworries
Nat Posted - 09 October 2008 : 16:58:04
Hi Tracy

Well done, glad it went smoothly. Don't worry about the OR (easier said than done I know)

Nat
x
JAH Posted - 09 October 2008 : 14:18:55
Hi Tracy,

I am at 10.00 am on Monday and my husband at 10.15 am at Birmingham Court. To be honest, it's not that part that I am concerned about (please don't take that as being blase about the whole thing). Because a lot of people have posted their experiences on here it takes away most of the unknown. It is the OR that I fear, along with many others I am sure!

It would be great for us all to meet up in the future. I bet what will be surprising is how "normal" we all are. I used to think BR happened to rich people for some bizarre reason - I now know very differently.

Jayne xx
scared2death Posted - 09 October 2008 : 13:48:23
Hi Tracy,

Really pleased that it went well for you.
We go tomorrow!

s2d
JulianDonnelly Posted - 09 October 2008 : 13:25:12
Congratulations! welcome to the start of your new debt-free life!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page